ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banned?  (Read 1230 times)

Stephen Kirby

Banned?
« on: January 11, 2019, 01:19:29 AM »

Strange thing happened.  While on a business trip in December, I opened my trusty PSW bookmark and got a response saying "You have been banned from this forum, there is no expiry on this".  At the time I was in Hanoi.  First time I've tried to log in from there.  I've gotten in from various locations in China in the past.

Return to the states and when I try to get in from that computer and I get the same message.  No matter how I approach the URL.  Bookmark, Google search, just typing in prosoundweb.com and navigating to the forums.

Obviously I can get in from other computers that have not been overseas.

Any IT people have ideas on this?  Was the MAC address of my business laptop put on a "no fly list"?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Banned?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:09:07 AM »

Strange thing happened.  While on a business trip in December, I opened my trusty PSW bookmark and got a response saying "You have been banned from this forum, there is no expiry on this".  At the time I was in Hanoi.  First time I've tried to log in from there.  I've gotten in from various locations in China in the past.

Return to the states and when I try to get in from that computer and I get the same message.  No matter how I approach the URL.  Bookmark, Google search, just typing in prosoundweb.com and navigating to the forums.

Obviously I can get in from other computers that have not been overseas.

Any IT people have ideas on this?  Was the MAC address of my business laptop put on a "no fly list"?
Layer 2 info is not transmitted so it's not a MAC issue.

Try clearing cookies and browser cache.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:10:39 AM »

Clear your cookies and/or cache.  I also found that, as I use a VPN, there are some servers that this site doesn't like.  I haven't logged/tracked them, but it seems to be that I get served up a "bad" IP address on occasion. 

There's a thread here as well, but the general consensus is: clear your cookies and/or cache.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:10:39 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.