ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: UHF mic popping...  (Read 3812 times)

scottstephens

Re: UHF mic popping...
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 09:45:20 AM »

Guys,

Can I just say that: I HATE any wireless anything in a metal rack behind a concrete wall.

Rant over.

Scott

Blake Cerenzia

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 07:37:33 PM »

I've gotten it so the "loud pop" is now a "soft blip" by maxing out the squelch. Seems to be working great!

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 09:17:59 PM »

Don't tell me about retuning them, I have 24 of them and of course half of them are 600mhz.

The new 3000 series are nice with some updated features short of the body pac connector that will not work with the tried and true HIROSE mic connectors unless you buy their adapter cable.

I feel they should have kept the same 3000 series form factor with just an additional frequency group offering (actually they used to have a 400mhz group and dropped it ) and introduced what is the new series and called it the 3500 series.
.....rant over.

Yep. I've abandoned my AT 3000 gear and moved to QLX-D, since none of the lavs and earworn mics would work with new AT gear. 
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 09:27:48 PM »

I've gotten it so the "loud pop" is now a "soft blip" by maxing out the squelch. Seems to be working great!

Actually I would not call that working great until you get no blips or pops. I think there is still another underlying issue.

Also keep in mind by maxing out the squelch you decreased the mic operating range.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:06:30 AM by Mike Caldwell »

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 08:55:36 AM »

Is there anything nearby with a motor? HVAC, cooler unit, anything that kind of “kicks on”?
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 09:03:17 AM »

Yep. I've abandoned my AT 3000 gear and moved to QLX-D, since none of the lavs and earworn mics would work with new AT gear.

The AT cH to cW body pack mic adapter cable looks decently built and works........but was there really a need to change connectors in the first place?

Blake Cerenzia

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 02:23:48 PM »

Actually I would not call that working great until you get no blips or pops. I think there is still another underlying issue.

Also keep in mind by maxing out the squelch you decreased the mic operating range.

I don't get much time to play with this stuff, and at least the speakers won't be damaged overtime. Also they do have antenna distro, and in this case, I think any detriment to range will be minimal...

scottstephens

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »

The AT cH to cW body pack mic adapter cable looks decently built and works........but was there really a need to change connectors in the first place?

I have 3 of the adapters. They are built very well. Infact, if you  are using the body packs, they are almost too heavy. Again, why change what works? $$$$

Scott

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.