ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Power/Audio cable for active wedges w/ XLR and IEC?  (Read 3578 times)

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
Power/Audio cable for active wedges w/ XLR and IEC?
« on: January 04, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »

A Few months ago I purchased some 14/3 SO cable and made my own IEC power cables, then purchased some 22awg signal/audio cable for my audio feed to the active wedges on stage. I velcro'd them together every 4-5'ft but still doesn't look clean enough on stage going to the wedges, at least not for me.

I'm hoping to see if someone has any info if there is a company that manufactures this in bulk with 1 loom? Meaning having the power (whether 14/3 or even 16/3) and the signal/audio (for XLR)  all in one loom so that I can manufacture my won cabling but much cleaner look than what I have now?

Similar to what I have done here, only I would the signal/audio on each loom going to the desired wedge as 1:

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:45:16 PM by Sam Costa »
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Patrick Cognitore

Re: Power/Audio cable for active wedges w/ XLR and IEC?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 02:45:24 PM »

Whirlwind:

http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/bulk-connectors-multipins-adapters/bulk-cable/audio-power-combo-cable

A Few months ago I purchased some 14/3 SO cable and made my own IEC power cables, then purchased some 22awg signal/audio cable for my audio feed to the active wedges on stage. I velcro'd them together every 4-5'ft but still doesn't look clean enough on stage going to the wedges, at least not for me.

I'm hoping to see if someone has any info if there is a company that manufactures this in bulk with 1 loom? Meaning having the power (whether 14/3 or even 16/3) and the signal/audio (for XLR)  all in one loom so that I can manufacture my won cabling but much cleaner look than what I have now?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mike Santarelli

Ron Bolte

• Mmmmm.. ok...

Simon_Barrett

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 05:12:32 PM »

Vandamme Ambicore is what I have used in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 08:16:49 PM »

I buy braided sheathing and make my own.  The commercial ones with an extruded jacket are heavier and bulkier.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 02:47:15 AM »

I don't know that a siamese cable is going to give you a much cleaner look than what you have already.  In fact, it might be worse.  The problem is that unless you make the exact right length of split on the end of the cable, you'll end up with uncontrollable loops that look worse than what your picture currently shows.
Brian Jojade

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 11:46:52 AM »

I don't know that a siamese cable is going to give you a much cleaner look than what you have already.  In fact, it might be worse.  The problem is that unless you make the exact right length of split on the end of the cable, you'll end up with uncontrollable loops that look worse than what your picture currently shows.

Well, You don't have to have the loop next to the speaker. You could easily hide it off stage.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »

I would be more concerned with having IEC plugs onstage at the mercy of the performers who have other things on their minds mid-show than I would with bundling cables but thats just me.

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 01:31:19 PM »

Well, You don't have to have the loop next to the speaker. You could easily hide it off stage.

Hi Magnus, thanks for your input. For this particular show (shown above) there were going to be 4 different acts and each one had specific locations for their wedges, hence why I left the coil next to the wedge so that I’m able to place it in different locations for the artist.

If it’s just one band I coil it off stage or right behind the sub.
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 01:31:19 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.