ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable racks  (Read 9706 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: Portable racks
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 06:38:21 PM »

Well Pasternack is certainly handy, and they're just up the road. Thanks for the heads up. I've got my solution on the way.

BNC bulkhead pass through connectors of good quality (think Pasternack), in good condition, have total insertion loss <0.5 dB.

Shure BNC male to panel mount female jumper cables in new condition have total insertion loss <0.3 dB.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 06:47:04 PM »

Well Pasternack is certainly handy, and they're just up the road. Thanks for the heads up. I've got my solution on the way.
I'm happy to be of service!

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »

Your quest for the not made, unavailable and/or discontinued is almost 100%.

Are you sure your parents didn't first name you Quixote, and then changed to Andrew?
It does seem that way, doesn't it? In reality I am more successful than not in my endeavours, as I don't mind rolling my own when what I'm looking for can't be found. I try to update when I've found a solution, but sometimes I forget or just get busy and move on. If I can't find the answer on my own, I like to finally inquire on forums as sometimes others have also been looking for a "better way", have done the legwork, and don't mind sharing.
I'm always surprised that most people I meet are fine with living with things just as they are and never striving to find a better way. I've learned that most people don't really care, which I accept, but can't relate to at all.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »

What do you mean by lidless?
Poor choice of word. I meant the annoying covers that SKB, Gator, Pelican, and others have on their racks, as I mentioned in the OP.
-Andy

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 08:12:56 AM »

I'm always surprised that most people I meet are fine with living with things just as they are and never striving to find a better way. I've learned that most people don't really care, which I accept, but can't relate to at all.
My wife is always on me for the same thing.
I bring home a new widgit, and the first thing I do is "fix" it to suit my needs.
And hers, of course. Never really bought anything that was perfect, right out of the box. Well, the last living room set was OK.
Why do new desk lights have the damn power switch 8" down the power cord?
A bit of hot glue fixed that in a flash.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Portable racks
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 01:06:23 PM »

Glad to see his thread as I’m looking for ultra light fly racks to hold an LV1 / IEM rig. Unfortunately the 14” depth of the Digigrid IOX’s in this rig and the largest Pelican Air case (1637) being only ~17” wide, it’s been touch. The Circle Three racks look really nice, but might not fit the IOXs in practice. Weight increases dramatically when you have to pick a case besides pelican air. Is anyone else making Pelican Air weight class cases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 01:46:09 PM »

Use SKB i3 cases instead of Pelican. They are lighter than even the Pelican Air cases.

https://www.skbcases.com/industrial/media/dynamic/icategory_view_image.php?id=17&role=isheet

Glad to see his thread as I’m looking for ultra light fly racks to hold an LV1 / IEM rig. Unfortunately the 14” depth of the Digigrid IOX’s in this rig and the largest Pelican Air case (1637) being only ~17” wide, it’s been touch. The Circle Three racks look really nice, but might not fit the IOXs in practice. Weight increases dramatically when you have to pick a case besides pelican air. Is anyone else making Pelican Air weight class cases?

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 02:26:42 PM »

For my "flyable" console, I ended up going with Underwater Kinetics as they had products that were slightly different dimensions but still light enough to keep everything under the checked baggage limit.
https://www.underwaterkineticscanada.com/products/view-category/cases
For some reason the USA site doesn't have the same selection, so I would contact the place and see where they're sold in the USA.
-Andy

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 02:53:17 PM »

For my "flyable" console, I ended up going with Underwater Kinetics as they had products that were slightly different dimensions but still light enough to keep everything under the checked baggage limit.
https://www.underwaterkineticscanada.com/products/view-category/cases
For some reason the USA site doesn't have the same selection, so I would contact the place and see where they're sold in the USA.

Thanks for the link. They said they don’t ship to the United States. I’m having them send weight and some specs anyone in case they’re interesting enough to go get myself. The pelican air weights are impossible to match, in my searching so far.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »

What is the material OCD uses for their racks? (Not a carpenter)
I assume it's a coated wood, but if so, what's it coated with? It's a great finish.
IIRC, it has a hexagonal texture, like the attached pic.

-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.