ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Accepted types of cable jackets for power/signal  (Read 3645 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Accepted types of cable jackets for power/signal
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »

We have several Windsor boxes already.

What do you use with them now?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 10:44:18 PM »

I have the same issue regarding power boxes at hotels on this area, they are home made and awful.  These are top tier 4 star hotels too.

Our three phase distro was bought from another production company that closed after the owner took ill.  It uses a commercial load center but it's built into the back of a birch 5/8 case that is a piece of furniture.  The front is all 19" rack panela with cams, twist locks and Edison outlets.  I have used it with big bennies, fairs and in theaters all over town.  We have been inspected and complemented.  All our feeders are soow and we have the rubbber quad boxes.  It is all mainted well.

Before we stepped up to the three phase we got many miles out of spider boxes.  They are around 1000 bucks and adapt 50 and 100 amp single phase 240 to 120 individually protected circuits.  If you are working venues that provide this power these are a great investment.

SOOW lasts longer and coils easier,  it's worth the investment.  Make sure to put trick line on each and tie them up.  There are videos online that show you how to stitch the line to the cable.

Good luck!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 02:40:53 AM »

Got a link handy? I'm just getting a bunch of fishing related stuff on you tube with tie line and cable search terms.

. . .Make sure to put trick line on each and tie them up.  There are videos online that show you how to stitch the line to the cable.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 03:27:51 AM »

Got a link handy? I'm just getting a bunch of fishing related stuff on you tube with tie line and cable search terms.
Here is a life time of knots.

For cables cut to length (long enough to tie a big ass bow knot arount the max girth of the segment) dovide in two then use a basic strap hitch.  Now take one side around again and make a tight square knot to secure it. 

This to me is a modification of the Kansas City stitch used in telco central offices (where I learned cable stitching, in the phone biz)  https://youtu.be/McqCUfw7AYU

The bowline is the next to learn amd very useful for production duties.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »

I've just been doing a surgeons knot around the cable the a half hitch with half bow after wrapping.I was going to use a clove hitch, but those come loose so easily.

I tend to prefer a figure-8 loop or follow-through over bowline because it's more secure if there's slack in the line. Holdover from my rock climbing days.

Here is a life time of knots.

For cables cut to length (long enough to tie a big ass bow knot arount the max girth of the segment) dovide in two then use a basic strap hitch.  Now take one side around again and make a tight square knot to secure it. 

This to me is a modification of the Kansas City stitch used in telco central offices (where I learned cable stitching, in the phone biz)  https://youtu.be/McqCUfw7AYU

The bowline is the next to learn amd very useful for production duties.

Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.