Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Center cluster, and hanging subwoofer

(1/2) > >>

Jay Johnson:
I need help with sub-woofer a hanging question.

Our ceiling is sloped, about 9' in the back of the room, up to like 20' up front. 

I have a center cluster of speakers hanging from the ceiling, and angled down to avoid reflecting off the ceiling.

I want to hang our new dual 15" subwoofer from the ceiling between the current speakers.  I know bass is omni-directional but should I angle the sub too in order to avoid those reflections, or does it not matter?

Taylor Hall:
You'll need to update your username to your actual name before we can help you out.

Thanks!

Jay Johnson:

--- Quote from: Taylor Hall on January 04, 2019, 10:05:09 am ---You'll need to update your username to your actual name before we can help you out.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

done, name fixed.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Jay Johnson on January 04, 2019, 09:48:14 am ---I need help with sub-woofer a hanging question.

Our ceiling is sloped, about 9' in the back of the room, up to like 20' up front. 

I have a center cluster of speakers hanging from the ceiling, and angled down to avoid reflecting off the ceiling.

I want to hang our new dual 15" subwoofer from the ceiling between the current speakers.  I know bass is omni-directional but should I angle the sub too in order to avoid those reflections, or does it not matter?

--- End quote ---

At subwoofer frequencies, angling a single cabinet will have almost zero effect.

Jay Johnson:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on January 08, 2019, 12:25:54 pm ---At subwoofer frequencies, angling a single cabinet will have almost zero effect.

--- End quote ---

That's kinda what I thought, but wanted to ask around too.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version