ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixed Blessings: Knowing When To Say “No” When Work Offers Flood In  (Read 737 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Mixed Blessings: Knowing When To Say “No” When Work Offers Flood In
By Jim Yakabuski • January 4, 2019

For anyone just starting a career as a live sound engineer, I offer my congratulations and a warm welcome to the club. You may discover initially that jobs are hard to come by, but when you do land some work, I’m sure you’ll feel very fortunate to have been given an opportunity to earn some money and add another client to your resume.

If, however, you’ve been at this for a few years and your phone is starting to ring more than in the past, with multiple offers to mix shows, events or even a lengthy tour, you may find that it’s all getting a bit much to juggle. You may also be experiencing that nagging feeling that you haven’t been there nearly enough for your significant other, friends or family.

Choosing to work as a freelance engineer has many perks, and one of them is having some control over your schedule, as well as who you choose to work with. If the offers are coming in rapid succession, it provides the opportunity to select client “A” to work with over client “B” (who didn’t treat you very well and didn’t pay you what you deserve either).

But what happens when you’re fortunate enough to have the “problem” of receiving too many offers in a period of time from people you really want to work with?

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/mixed-blessings-knowing-when-to-say-no-when-work-offers-flood-in/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.