ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: App won't detect device? (MYDMX AND EASY REMOTE users)  (Read 400 times)

David Allred

App won't detect device? (MYDMX AND EASY REMOTE users)
« on: December 29, 2018, 12:33:52 pm »

I posted here because it might be a generic networking problem.
I have the 3.0 dongle, but installed the 2.1 software since it has all the options I need, specifically the Easy Remote app control, because there are fees involved to use the 3.0.
Everything works as expected direct from laptop, but the Easy Remote is dead.  It won't detect the dongle.  I have the latest version of of the 2.1 software and the app.  Both the laptop and the tablet are on the the same network (home wifi with internet connection), yet nothing.

2.1 nor app have any networking tabs or dropdowns (that I can find).  Am I missing something?
FYI, the laptop and tablet will network for MR18, Venu360, etc use.

I have contacted ADJ, but so far they have asked about versions installed, and now it will be Jan 2 before that conversation can continue.

Dave Pluke

• BIGG GRIN Productions
Re: App won't detect device? (MYDMX AND EASY REMOTE users)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 12:43:12 pm »

I posted here because it might be a generic networking problem.
I have the 3.0 dongle, but installed the 2.1 software since it has all the options I need, specifically the Easy Remote app control, because there are fees involved to use the 3.0.
Everything works as expected direct from laptop, but the Easy Remote is dead.  It won't detect the dongle.

I recently ran into this with an aging laptop.  If I didn't adhere to some magic startup sequence, the dongle's activity light would flash, but the App wouldn't see it.  Beyond switching computers, go into Device Manager and delete all USB Ports & Hubs.  Upon the next reboot, the drivers should be reinstalled.  That worked a couple of times for us but, we eventually had to give that laptop a Viking Funeral.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

David Allred

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 01:29:45 pm »

I recently ran into this with an aging laptop.  If I didn't adhere to some magic startup sequence, the dongle's activity light would flash, but the App wouldn't see it.  Beyond switching computers, go into Device Manager and delete all USB Ports & Hubs.  Upon the next reboot, the drivers should be reinstalled.  That worked a couple of times for us but, we eventually had to give that laptop a Viking Funeral.

Dave

I found a post on the ADJ forum.  They tried a cheap router.
I was using an Airport extreme, with internet.   I switched to my show router, an Airport Express, no internet.   Connected right away.  Any guesses why?

Dave Pluke

• BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 05:16:58 pm »

I found a post on the ADJ forum.  They tried a cheap router.
I was using an Airport extreme, with internet.   I switched to my show router, an Airport Express, no internet.   Connected right away.  Any guesses why?

Perhaps the port(s) you needed were blocked or otherwise weren't being forwarded on the other router?

In any case, I prefer to have my Audio network unattached to the Internet.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Richard Turner

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 06:48:14 pm »

Has the hardware been registered to the software? theire is a wallet card with the code in the box somewhere. Software should prompt the first time using it.

I'm unsure of how backward compatible the new hardware is.

there's not much more frustrating than licensed hardware. PITA when you have to swap out in a hurry.

Its the main reason I stopped using Traktor for DJ work and looked elsewhere when Martin lighting Consoles went to the dongle key.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

David Allred

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 11:40:23 pm »

Has the hardware been registered to the software? theire is a wallet card with the code in the box somewhere. Software should prompt the first time using it.

I'm unsure of how backward compatible the new hardware is.

there's not much more frustrating than licensed hardware. PITA when you have to swap out in a hurry.

Its the main reason I stopped using Traktor for DJ work and looked elsewhere when Martin lighting Consoles went to the dongle key.

Yes all registered.  There may be a reason that licensing is done, but I don't like it.  It complicates what should be so ole. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 11:40:23 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 23 queries.