ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PDU power-cord supplier  (Read 5285 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: PDU power-cord supplier
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 10:50:47 PM »

hmmm... well, (egg on my face).  I was looking at the CS6365 connector, which shows #8 wire as the largest for it.  I forgot I should have been looking at the CS6365C version, which does show it accommodates #6 wire.
I use these and have not had trouble with #4 wire.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 06:39:48 AM »

I use these and have not had trouble with #4 wire.
Thank you. 

Haven't seen too much of Eaton products in the things I've worked with.  Any discernible quality differences between Eaton and Hubbell?  I've always been a Hubbell person, but would not discount another manufacture if quality is on par.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:34 AM »

Thank you. 

Haven't seen too much of Eaton products in the things I've worked with.  Any discernible quality differences between Eaton and Hubbell?  I've always been a Hubbell person, but would not discount another manufacture if quality is on par.
Most of my other cabling infrastructure is Hubbell - these particular Cooper plugs are really nice.  They assemble pretty easily, and are as robust as anything else I have.   The spec sheet on these says #6 wire as well, so if you prefer Hubbell, I would bet you a pizza #4 is fine in them too.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 12:30:06 PM »

But, as pendantic as we get about things on here at times, if says #6 it is not listed to be used with #4-even if it fits.
Steve Swaffer

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 01:42:55 PM »

But, as pendantic as we get about things on here at times, if says #6 it is not listed to be used with #4-even if it fits.
I don't disagree.  Welcome to the world of government (or industry/government, in the case of NEC) regulation - having to choose between a cord that doesn't meet code and has voltage drop concerns that fits easily in the plugs, or wire that's the right size but not officially rated for the legal wire.

:) 

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 06:41:28 AM »

Most of my other cabling infrastructure is Hubbell - these particular Cooper plugs are really nice.  They assemble pretty easily, and are as robust as anything else I have.   The spec sheet on these says #6 wire as well, so if you prefer Hubbell, I would bet you a pizza #4 is fine in them too.
Perfect.

As a side note, looks like there is an "*ex" version of the connectors (replacing the "c" at the end).  Not sure what the difference is, but the market literature shows the EX and C will work together.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:53:48 AM by Bob Faulkner »

Jeff Robinson

• Kansas City, MO
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »

hmmm... well, (egg on my face).  I was looking at the CS6365 connector, which shows #8 wire as the largest for it.  I forgot I should have been looking at the CS6365C version, which does show it accommodates #6 wire.

Hi Bob
They stock the CS6365C where I work and the enclosed sheet (PD1180: http://ecatalog.hubbell-wiring.com/productinformation/CustomerDrawingLibraryAssets/3A/3/PD1180.pdf ) shows in 3 languages that terminal capacity is 8 AWG to 4 AWG.
HTH,
Jeff
Excerpt from Shelley's 'Ode to a Skylark':
Pourest thy full heart
In profuse strains of unpremeditated art
Such harmonious madness
From my lips would flow
The world should listen then, as I am listening now!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.