ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WWB puzzle  (Read 1602 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
WWB puzzle
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »

I recently added some ULX, Senn EW100 & a Senn EW300 IEM.

So, I decided I needed to calculate new frequencies for a couple of shows where any or all of the wireless might be present.

I loaded up the latest WWB and imported my inventory file.

I then added the new gear and edited the Chanel/Name field to associate to a specific unit.

I then went to the coordinations section. I could not figure out how to include my inventory so I just added it and a few backup frequencies. After calculating I printed the report and exported it.

What could not figure out was how to assign the result of the calculations to the units in inventory.

It will be much easier to actually update the units with their new frequencies if they are in the inventory report, or, the inventory is included when doing the calculations.

Help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Helmke

Re: WWB puzzle
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:42:06 PM »

That part is always tricky.  Where you want to start in the coordination space is to import channels from inventory, which gives you a bit of a connection.  But I've also found that you can right-click (I think... WWB is not very intuitive) on items in the inventory and have the option to give them a frequency from the coordination.

Aram Piligian

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »

Assign & Deploy is where you assign calculated frequencies to inventory items.  Even though you're not deploying to devices actively connected to workbench, it's the same process.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »

Assign & Deploy is where you assign calculated frequencies to inventory items.  Even though you're not deploying to devices actively connected to workbench, it's the same process.

But it's difficult somehow to do that with inventory that you didn't start with.  Like building an inventory ahead of time, then networking in the gear after doing the coordination.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 08:53:07 AM »

But it's difficult somehow to do that with inventory that you didn't start with.  Like building an inventory ahead of time, then networking in the gear after doing the coordination.
I agree, WWB isn’t the fastest when you preconfigure a setup and then connect to active devices.

Shure has done a good job of enabling batch processing for a number of features, but it seems that area was left out.

I know the program will ask to keep Device or Workbench settings overall or on a by-device basis, but I think that only really works if you were previously connected to the same devices and adjust settings offline.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
WWB puzzle
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. Since my gear is ULX one doesn’t “connect “ to it.

I had not noticed the check box to show channels from inventory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:21:17 PM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Aram Piligian

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

It drives me *bonkers* that when you connect to an online device and tell it to keep workbench settings, you still lose color and zone information!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.