ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing  (Read 12946 times)

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
Re: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2019, 07:52:27 AM »

No disrespect intended, but I think, by making it to age 80, Mr. Baker beat the odds.

RIP

Give the life he led, it certainly was good, yes.

Mal Brown

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »

Tracy Arrington passed yesterday. Many of you won't know of him.  He was the long time bass player for Curtis Salgado.  A stud player, great vocalist and a sweet human being.  TA held it down for many of the top blues and R&B acts coming through the northwest looking for support. He's already missed in these parts.  Died on the table undergoing a procedure.

Damn he's gone too soon.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing - Paul Barrere
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2019, 02:34:10 AM »

Paul Barrere, bassist for Little Feat, died last week at 71 from liver cancer. :(
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing - Paul Barrere
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »

Paul Barrere, bassist for Little Feat, died last week at 71 from liver cancer. :(

Too sad, loved little feet.  Saw them last time at a festival with Little Feet.

"there's a fat man in the bathtub" not anymore
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mal Brown

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »

Paul was the guitarist and front man.  Kenny Gradney is the bass player.   Hard to imagine Feat continuing without Paul though.   RIP Paul.  You were an original.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 09:34:56 PM »

Paul was the guitarist and front man.  Kenny Gradney is the bass player.   Hard to imagine Feat continuing without Paul though.   RIP Paul.  You were an original.

IIRC Paul was originally hired as bassist although he was more proficient on guitar. I dont recall when Kenny came on board as bassist and Paul went to 6 strings.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mal Brown

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »

IIRC Paul was originally hired as bassist although he was more proficient on guitar. I dont recall when Kenny came on board as bassist and Paul went to 6 strings.

Kenny was in there pretty early.  I always assumed he was the original.  Saw them a couple of times prior to the night Lowell died and Kenny was always the guy.  I caught the Wesleyan University show (Middletown, CT) just prior to Lowell's passing and they were on fire.  Saw them a few times after and while good, it was never as good...

ah google is your friend...  Roy Estrada was the founding bassist.  Kenny came in 1972.

Which caused me to go looking at Bill Payne - good lord that man has discography! 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:31:13 PM by Mal Brown »
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Rick Earl

Re: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing - Malcolm Young
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »

Steve Crump

Re: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing - Malcolm Young
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2019, 08:28:12 PM »

We knew it was coming, but still stirs up a lot of great memories.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/malcolm-young-ac-dc-guitarist-and-co-founder-dead-at-64-123387/

One of my favorite bands. Hard to believe it has been two years since Malcolm passed. I know they had more commercial success with Brian Johnson, but I thought their music was more dynamic with Bon.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
Re: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing - John Mann, Spirit of the West
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2019, 11:32:10 AM »

Another victim of early onset Alzheimer's, John Mann of the Vancouver band Spirit of the West, passed away yesterday.

https://www.fyimusicnews.ca/articles/2019/11/20/rip-john-mann-spirit-west

I first heard of the band about 30 years ago, when they were still a trio.  They flew into Halifax to do their first East Coast tour, and rented a PA from me.  After driving 5 hours to Sydney in a van for the first gig, they were informed by the club owner that the gig had been cancelled, "Didn't your agent tell you?"  They salvaged the 2-week trip with a weekend in a bar just outside Halifax, and then a one week residency at Pub Flamingo downtown.  The Flamingo had a complete installed system, but the band's soundman (whose name I have long since forgotten, sorry) didn't care for the house console (a Yamaha MC2402) and wanted to rent my Soundcraft for the week.  Feeling bad for the band after the fiasco in Sydney, I gave it to them, no charge, and of course went to see them in person.

One of the songs John sang was Political (video at the link above), and the performance has stuck with me all these years.

GTD

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: 2019 - Musicians and celebrities passing - John Mann, Spirit of the West
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2019, 11:32:10 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.