ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about 2.4 GHz  (Read 3551 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Question about 2.4 GHz
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »

So I clicked on the link to the wireless do-dad and now I'm getting %#$#@^^$ ads for it from Sweetwater!  I hate the internet sometimes. >:(

Add Ghostery to your browser, and NoScript. The advertising stalkers are held at bay.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 05:08:39 PM »

Most guitar players I know spend a lot of time and money on their "sound". Always made me scratch my head when I see one with a cheap wireless or a cheap cable. Those ones need to stop listening with their knees.

And I have no explanation for the ones that show up with expensive vintage Fender/Gibson guitars and amps and ask you for a cable. ????

Had a bass player one time with at least a $3000 Modulus bass with an upper end Mark Bass rig all the while using a Shure PGX wireless guitar system.

scottstephens

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »

Had a bass player one time with at least a $3000 Modulus bass with an upper end Mark Bass rig all the while using a Shure PGX wireless guitar system.

Well, DUH!!! Of course you did. guitars, basses, whatever. Even when they bring their own wired mic it is usually some sort of $49 "special".

Scott

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 03:36:33 PM »

Well, DUH!!! Of course you did. guitars, basses, whatever. Even when they bring their own wired mic it is usually some sort of $49 "special".

Scott

The real kicker is then when they complain about their wireless cutting out, fizzing, spitting, ect.

Some time ago I had a guy that did historical presentations that carried his own wireless system with a Countryman mic, can't remember what the crap wireless system was. He also had a person who was a prompter using a walkie talkie to read lines to him that he listened to with an ear bud.
Sound check was quick but went well enough however when the presentation started we realized he had a prompter reading some lines to him guess what walked all over the top of his wireless!!!

The prompter was no where around or even known about during  soundcheck, his system what ever it was was fixed frequency, he would not use my wireless system and to top it off afterwards they said they had been getting interference on their mic lately!!!!
The prompter was no where near the receiver, funny thing was you could make out enough of the prompters voice to know what was coming up next.

I'm going to say all these years later he is still using the same wireless system, same walkie talkies and still hasn't gotten a replacement EQ cap and windscreen on his Countryman mic.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 03:36:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.