ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What did Grover say?  (Read 3919 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: What did Grover say?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 12:13:25 PM »

I live in a rural area and I stream everything...... I use cable.
We dont have cable service available in the rural area I live in. And DSL was limited to 512k down and 128k up. Then the company got sold, and they dropped the DSL service all together. They offered me dial up. In freaking 2018!

I have recently switched to a 4G hotspot from Verizon. It is just fast enough that I can stream Hulu and Amazon and YouTube, FINALLY. My old 512K DSL connection wouldn’t keep up and it would take 2 days to download large files, like the latest Protools version... AND it dropped the connection every time it rained.

It’s $70 per month and prepaid, but it is fully and actually unlimited, which is something that Verizon started doing with new prepaid hot spots a couple months ago apparently.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 12:26:40 PM »

All,

If you live in the country, there is no way you are using all streaming devices. I am 2 miles from town and Have to use satellite for everything.  No matter What the Government says, NOT unlimited  everyone has High Speed Internet.

Scott

Actually "the government" makes no claim to universal access to high speed internet.  The Universal Service Fund is being tapped to extend more high speed capability to rural areas but as with most things, the implementation seems uneven and tends to ignore urban areas without access to DSL or cable TV providers.

A few years ago I was on my way to visit my mom in NW Oklahoma and noticed work crews along the highway, installing what looked like traffic control device enclosures... and on my return trip noticed they were marked as network equipment.  The rural TelCo was running fiber.

The TelCo originally served only the are labeled "District One" on the map and grew to provide POTS to the western and central areas on the map above.  Their expansion into eastern Oklahoma is fairly new and, I believe, digital-only service - data and VoIP.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 12:26:40 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.