ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha TIO1608 and LS9 control  (Read 5313 times)

Tom Slate

Yamaha TIO1608 and LS9 control
« on: December 29, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »

I’ve just rigged up a yamaha tio1608 to an ls9 vai a my16aud dante card and with a bit of faffing can get the audio travelling in both directions.
I gather you can control head amp and 48v on a rio unit or the tio from the TF series but unsure how to set the tio from the LS9
Online documentation suggests setting the MY16AUD to mode 2 for headamp control.
Any help or suggestions please?
Thanks

Ron Bolte

• Mmmmm.. ok...
Re: Yamaha TIO1608 and LS9 control
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 11:31:43 PM »

It’s been awhile since Ive used the LS9 with the RIO/TIO boxes, but I believe you control the head amps within a mount in the “rack” of all places. 

Tom Slate

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 02:36:11 PM »

It’s been awhile since Ive used the LS9 with the RIO/TIO boxes, but I believe you control the head amps within a mount in the “rack” of all places.
Thanks for your reply. I have found this and can see and adjust a headamp control but it has no apparent effect.
The individual channels and setup/rack/slot have blanked out unavailable controls.
I wonder if there is some other setting that links the rack head amp gain controls to establish communication each way.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 02:44:19 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I have found this and can see and adjust a headamp control but it has no apparent effect.
The individual channels and setup/rack/slot have blanked out unavailable controls.
I wonder if there is some other setting that links the rack head amp gain controls to establish communication each way.

I haven’t used your setup, but isn’t there a headamp control section in Dante controller?

This may also be a good resource
https://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-328626

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Ron Bolte

• Mmmmm.. ok...
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »

Early on in configuring RIO/TIO hardware, I was really cloudy on the control side until realizing that these boxes actually have three addresses, the two Dante, and a "control" address.  To access the control address from a laptop running R-Remote, the laptop and control address have to be on the same subnet.  Out of the box, RIO/TIOs come with that address set to "auto" so its looking for a DNS server, or just setting its own 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address if it doesn't find one. If you set your laptop the same, and connect directly to it, you can run R-Rmote and set the control address to whatever you want.  I believe I needed to do this to get the LS9 chatting happily with the RIOS and TIOS, as we were running a static network without DNS. Again, its been awhile, but this all rings a bell.

Nathan Ihlenfeldt

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 07:41:53 AM »

I’ve just rigged up a yamaha tio1608 to an ls9 vai a my16aud dante card and with a bit of faffing can get the audio travelling in both directions.
I gather you can control head amp and 48v on a rio unit or the tio from the TF series but unsure how to set the tio from the LS9
Online documentation suggests setting the MY16AUD to mode 2 for headamp control.
Any help or suggestions please?
Thanks

Hi,
I don't think this is possible with a Tio, only a Rio, as the Tio does not have an AD8HR emulation mode for legacy console support

BR,
Nathan

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »

Hi,
I don't think this is possible with a Tio, only a Rio, as the Tio does not have an AD8HR emulation mode for legacy console support

BR,
Nathan

This makes sense to me.

Of course you can always use RIO Remote to control the head amps.  You just can't do it directly from the console.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.