Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Yamaha TIO1608 and LS9 control

(1/2) > >>

Tom Slate:
I’ve just rigged up a yamaha tio1608 to an ls9 vai a my16aud dante card and with a bit of faffing can get the audio travelling in both directions.
I gather you can control head amp and 48v on a rio unit or the tio from the TF series but unsure how to set the tio from the LS9
Online documentation suggests setting the MY16AUD to mode 2 for headamp control.
Any help or suggestions please?
Thanks

Ron Bolte:
It’s been awhile since Ive used the LS9 with the RIO/TIO boxes, but I believe you control the head amps within a mount in the “rack” of all places. 

Tom Slate:

--- Quote from: Ron Bolte on December 29, 2018, 11:31:43 PM ---It’s been awhile since Ive used the LS9 with the RIO/TIO boxes, but I believe you control the head amps within a mount in the “rack” of all places.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for your reply. I have found this and can see and adjust a headamp control but it has no apparent effect.
The individual channels and setup/rack/slot have blanked out unavailable controls.
I wonder if there is some other setting that links the rack head amp gain controls to establish communication each way.

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Tom Slate on December 30, 2018, 02:36:11 PM ---Thanks for your reply. I have found this and can see and adjust a headamp control but it has no apparent effect.
The individual channels and setup/rack/slot have blanked out unavailable controls.
I wonder if there is some other setting that links the rack head amp gain controls to establish communication each way.

--- End quote ---

I haven’t used your setup, but isn’t there a headamp control section in Dante controller?

This may also be a good resource
https://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-328626

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ron Bolte:
Early on in configuring RIO/TIO hardware, I was really cloudy on the control side until realizing that these boxes actually have three addresses, the two Dante, and a "control" address.  To access the control address from a laptop running R-Remote, the laptop and control address have to be on the same subnet.  Out of the box, RIO/TIOs come with that address set to "auto" so its looking for a DNS server, or just setting its own 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address if it doesn't find one. If you set your laptop the same, and connect directly to it, you can run R-Rmote and set the control address to whatever you want.  I believe I needed to do this to get the LS9 chatting happily with the RIOS and TIOS, as we were running a static network without DNS. Again, its been awhile, but this all rings a bell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version