ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser Digital 6000 vs Shure Axient Digital  (Read 14238 times)

Tom Harrison

Sennheiser Digital 6000 vs Shure Axient Digital
« on: December 19, 2018, 02:13:33 AM »

Hi guys
Anybody have experience or have heard of these systems and can offer some perpectives? Sennheiser Digital 6000 vs Shure Axient Digital. I'm just looking for 2 money channels for vocal. Which is superior in sound quality and noise floor? These are money channels and must be top tier. We're not worrying about RF performance or ability to network with others. I've read some reviews for Axient Digital and they're claiming that these are the best things out there. Digital 6000 systems are all over TV and big shows, I don't think its due to Sennheiser sponsorship. There must be exquisite quality to them especially with MD9235 capsules. Unless Taylor Swift, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Pink etc are all getting great endorsement money to be using them lol.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Sennheiser Digital 6000 vs Shure Axient Digital
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 02:28:04 AM »

My hands-on experience with Axient Digital is limited but I was very impressed with the audio quality, noise floor and RF performance on 10mW.

No experience with the Sennheiser D6K and not yet seen any in person.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tom Harrison

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 02:33:56 AM »

My hands-on experience with Axient Digital is limited but I was very impressed with the audio quality, noise floor and RF performance on 10mW.

No experience with the Sennheiser D6K and not yet seen any in person.

If they're on par with Sennheiser then a lot of money can be saved. The price difference is a lot. I think Axient with KSM9 capsules can get quite close if not equal.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 03:02:37 AM »

...We're not worrying about RF performance...
Then why go with wireless at all? Save the money and get a hardwired version.

Your priorities are in the wrong place.

If you want the wireless for how it’s perceived by the artist and audience, go for it, but it’s money wasted in my opinion.

You [should] spec and pay for gear based on its performance - and in the case of wireless devices, RF quality & audio quality are both tied up in that whether you like it or not.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

MikeHarris

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 03:03:09 AM »

He who haseth the Sennheiser will be the top dog in the market.
Shure beats it in packaging (4 channel) but Sennheisers sonics...especially with 9235, which is a dynamic head is tops.
To get the best outta the Shure don't burden it with the KSM9...go DPA.

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »

Shure beats it in packaging (4 channel) but Sennheisers sonics...especially with 9235, which is a dynamic head is tops.

The RF performance of both systems is as good as it gets just now. Given proper antenna set up and frequency coordination etc, they'll both do an excellent job and deliver clean, great sounding audio.

Like others, I feel you're focusing on the wrong thing here. In terms of actual sound quality, all the system does is digitise and deliver what comes in the mic, and for that you're not looking at the wireless system so much as the capsule and mic head etc.

The top of the range shure and sennheiser mic heads all sound great, but suit different voices, and there are other popular options like d:facto and SE electronics etc.

If you're focused on sound quality then you should really be looking at trying a few mics and seeing what suits your artist best. Then the choice of axient or 6000 simply delivers that audio to the desk, and both with do a great job so it's just whatever works out with the chosen head.

K

Tom Harrison

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 11:03:42 AM »

I've mounted the 9235 onto ULXD transmitter with an adapter and can vote for its quality. Sennheiser do boosted a hell lot of mids and highs inside that mic. I have not seen that much EQ preloaded into the mic but they sounded great. The DPA wired version is great. I couldn't get enough gain out of the ULXD transmitter for the DPA. I had to boost north of 10-15db to get to match up with KSM9 and all that gain that brought noise with it. Maybe the Axient transmitter can provide more juice. Definitely will have to find the Shure reps for a demo.

Tom Harrison

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 11:19:54 AM »

The RF performance of both systems is as good as it gets just now. Given proper antenna set up and frequency coordination etc, they'll both do an excellent job and deliver clean, great sounding audio.

Like others, I feel you're focusing on the wrong thing here. In terms of actual sound quality, all the system does is digitise and deliver what comes in the mic, and for that you're not looking at the wireless system so much as the capsule and mic head etc.

The top of the range shure and sennheiser mic heads all sound great, but suit different voices, and there are other popular options like d:facto and SE electronics etc.

If you're focused on sound quality then you should really be looking at trying a few mics and seeing what suits your artist best. Then the choice of axient or 6000 simply delivers that audio to the desk, and both with do a great job so it's just whatever works out with the chosen head.

K

Somewhere in my mind feel that Shure and Sennheiser are not quite equal in RF and noise performance. We've always found that Sennheiser delivers clean audio with much lower noise and pretty flat frequency response compared to others. I guess the only way to settle this is head to head comparison. I have the MD9235 capsules with adapters that I can mount directly on the Shure transmitters. We can test one on Shure and one on the Digital 6000 and see if there's any perceivable difference. I know for a fact that I need to boost a lot more gain on the Shure to get the MD9235 to a proper level. Sennheiser transmitter requires 7Volts for its capsule and Shure doesn't provide that much.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 12:39:48 PM »

The Sennheiser transmitters have that distinctive little thing sticking out the back end.  I wonder if the show designers are actually demanding that look now?

Tom Harrison

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 01:43:34 PM »

The Sennheiser transmitters have that distinctive little thing sticking out the back end.  I wonder if the show designers are actually demanding that look now?

Lol the shark fin antennas must be in high demand at the Grammy. The SKM5200 and D6000/9000 fins are about the same in length, definitely noticeable. Beyonce has the transmitter in gold, must be digging it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 01:43:34 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.