ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Artificial intelligence on my new IPAD 5 ???  (Read 3353 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: Artificial intelligence on my new IPAD 5 ???
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 10:48:11 PM »

One of the practical issues that shows up from the Apple devices trying to think for us was an issue I ran into last week.  We were using a new Mac mini to run tracks for a show-a couple feet away we had someone using a Macbook Pro to run a PTZ camera for live streaming.  Admittedly, there are more pro level setups-but one disconcerting issue was any time the young man running the Macbook changed modes on the camera, the Mac mini display would go completely blank for 5-10 seconds.

Hopefully I can find a way to tell the Mini to do what I want it do do and ONLY what I want it to do.  Sometimes a back seat driver is helpful-sometimes not so much!
Steve Swaffer

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 02:12:17 PM »

I take a very pragmatic approach to the whole "Privacy in the age of the SmartDevice" thing.  Truth is, we've installed microphones and cameras in most of the rooms in our home and taken great care to make sure that they all have a way to communicate to a worldwide data network at all times.
Is this a Good Thing or a Truly Terrible Thing?  I don't know yet.  I'm not sure any of us really do...

This space for rent

Tom Burgess

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 11:22:59 AM »

Sly said it . . . 'Somebody's watching you.'

The singularity approaches. :o
I was thinking along the lines of, as Alan Parsons Project put it, "Could it be that somebody else is looking into my mind?".

Or...

"It's almost a feeling you can touch in the air
You look all around you but nobody's there
It's been a long time now since you've been aware
That someone is watching you... (he's gonna get you)"

If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »

My worry would be, what if I am setting up an iPad for my Father or a neighbour, and it clones mine?
(At this point, my wife has a pad, but I don't.)
Chris.

That can't happen unless you tell it to.  The process simply is looking for devices nearby.  It's connecting with a combination of Bluetooth, WIFI and GPS coordinates to determine which devices are close enough.  You then get a prompt on the screen that says to connect. Once you say yes, you then have to point the camera of the new device to the screen of the old device.  It would take a heck of a lot to do this by accident.

I'm setting up new phones and iPads for customers on a daily basis, and I've yet to have accidentally transferred my info from the phone in my pocket to a customer's device. :)
Brian Jojade

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 08:39:19 AM »

That can't happen unless you tell it to. 
I'll take your word for it Brian. From Debbie's original post, it sounded like it did a search and copy all on it's own.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 09:22:40 AM »

I'll take your word for it Brian. From Debbie's original post, it sounded like it did a search and copy all on it's own.
Chris.

The one instruction that the new iPad was given came from the bar code where I took the picture of it with my iPhone,

........"Suddenly both devices are talking to each other and the iPAD asks me to take a photo on my phone of a bar code that came up on the iPAD screen"........

- but again WHY did it not attempt to copy my phone contents but instead chose the iPad air that had nothing to do with the set up?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Len Zenith Jr

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »

I just installed a few weeks ago a copy of windows 10 onto a notebook computer I use to control my ui-16 with a new clean ssd installed, no previous info or data on that notebook.

After the install was done the background picture was a picture of my sound rig!

I have 3 other windows 10 rigs in my house and it picked and chose and copied the same background image as my main desktop rig! I don't use onedrive and have never uploaded or shared that picture with anyone.

Blew my mind.

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »

I was thinking along the lines of, as Alan Parsons Project put it, "Could it be that somebody else is looking into my mind?".

Or...

"It's almost a feeling you can touch in the air
You look all around you but nobody's there
It's been a long time now since you've been aware
That someone is watching you... (he's gonna get you)"

Or Rockwell

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.