ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Audiophile Power Cords Be UL-Listed?  (Read 4574 times)

John Fruits

Re: Should Audiophile Power Cords Be UL-Listed?
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 11:26:01 AM »

I'd rather that audiophile products be banned from sale, those people are just far too gullible.

John
Should they just be called Barnumites? :)
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 07:55:57 AM »

What about $4,900 (and up) speaker cables? Adding 15 feet gets the price up to $12,400. No fooling, see for yourself: https://silversonic.com/products/speaker-cables/deity/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9aAuvuw3wIVlluGCh1euwMJEAQYAiABEgKJCfD_BwE

That's just one more example of gullible consumer audiophiles. I think I'm in the wrong business.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:00:17 AM by Mike Sokol »

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »

Some of the stuff that audiophiles fall for should be listed by Undertakers Laboratories.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 03:24:56 PM »

What about $4,900 (and up) speaker cables? Adding 15 feet gets the price up to $12,400. No fooling, see for yourself: https://silversonic.com/products/speaker-cables/deity/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm9aAuvuw3wIVlluGCh1euwMJEAQYAiABEgKJCfD_BwE

That's just one more example of gullible consumer audiophiles. I think I'm in the wrong business.  ;)

Wait wait wait... that ad says "Delivers the most accurate and uncolored signal transmission possible with extraordinary harmonics..."

If the cable is introducing harmonics, that's anything but uncolored!

And... "spage age" technology -- so it's 50 years old?
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

John L Nobile

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 03:48:31 PM »

I'm impressed by the descriptions used. Very imaginative. It makes me feel like my system sounds like crap because of the cables I use. Cause we all know that's the best way to improve the sound. A piece of wire.

The one that really kills me are the guys that can hear the difference between cables carrying a digital signal. That's a pair of Super Ears. Could be a new Marvel superhero

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »

The one that really kills me are the guys that can hear the difference between cables carrying a digital signal. That's a pair of Super Ears. Could be a new Marvel superhero

Here's a company that sells very expensive power cables to upgrade the sound of your stereo system: https://www.gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/why-power-cables-make-a-difference/

“There are a lot of misconceptions about power transmission and power quality that make it difficult for some people to understand why a power cord makes a sonic difference. The first question is – do power cords make any difference at all? There is no sense in talking about theories of operation if we can't agree that there is an audible effect. Most of the thousands of people that use our power cords started out as skeptics and have answered that question for themselves and have found that power cables and power conditioners can have a profound impact on performance. And no - I do not care to debate with people that have not done the simplest of tests about whether power cords work or not. The only cases where a high quality cord does not have significant effects is when it is used with a poor quality power conditioner that acts as a high impedance to instantaneous current flow. “

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »

I have to admire the shrewdness of the individuals that sell these products.  Relying almost entirely on Confirmation Bias to generate a favorable customer experience;  A Confirmation Bias that is Directly Proportional to the amount of money the customer has had to part with in order to have said experience. 

Kinda Brilliant.  Also kinda evil, but i digress...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »

I am always amazed how often people invoke insurance companies not paying, based on what?  My guess is guess work.

I had an employee at the city (Minneapolis) permitting office tell me insurance won’t cover my home if there’s a claim related to gas work (permitted and inspected) that I do on my own home.  I called my agent, he said that’s stupid.  Accidents are accidents and insurance will pay.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.