ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control (like VNC or remote desktop) an ipod touch / iphone 5 from ipad?  (Read 2702 times)

Kevin_Tisdall

• Milford, CT

I play break music on an ipod touch 5 (either pandora or itunes content) which is connected to an x32 rack via headphone jack to aux 1&2 inputs.

Can I remote control that ipod (v5) from an ipad (which is what I mix with)?

How about controlling an ipad from another ipad?

--Kevin

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB

I play break music on an ipod touch 5 (either pandora or itunes content) which is connected to an x32 rack via headphone jack to aux 1&2 inputs.

--Kevin

No

Taylor Hall

There used to be a couple apps on the appstore that would give you basic remote functionality (play/pause, for/back, volume, etc), Tangoremote and Podlink. Don't know if they're still there as I've been out of the apple ecosystem for many years now.

If you're using itunes I think there's some kind of baked in functionality with the accessibility settings where you can "link" devices.

For your purposes you may be better off using a chromecast or similar streaming device that can be controlled remotely right out of the box.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Elliot Carroll

--Kevin

If you have the paid version of spotify, you can run it on both the ipod and ipad, and select the ipod as the "currently listening to" device.  So the audio routes only out of that ipod, but you can play/pause/select tracks from your ipad (or both).
Elliot Carroll
ESC Audio Services
Bend, Oregon

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's

Yes, you can actually. It is called Remote. There are a few versions of it you can acquire. They all do the same thing, but there is a catch.

The ipads/ipods must be connected to the same network. So you have to have them on that network in order to control them. I used the same thing to control a few weddings and special events. I have since deleted the app though as I have found that if a person wants a dj or real control over the music, then they need to have someone with the music player like a dj ( or simply let me live there ) and control of the show has to be able to be done from a position that allows the control of both. In your case, I would just use Spotify and make a more detailed playlist that you don't have to switch songs around. It's break music, after all, and it's not meant to be the highlight of the evening. The music selection should be pretty well curated before you hit play.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina

--Kevin

Kevin have you considered connecting the ipod to the mixer wirelessly and keeping the iPod with you?
There is Apple play when using an Apple Airport express and there is this - BT XLR -  for bluetooth connectivity (this one is mono). I am sure there are other ways to do this too....

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.