ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1u Li-Fe UPS  (Read 4538 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
1u Li-Fe UPS
« on: December 14, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »

1u
<20" depth

Li-Fe battery
Bonus points if there's one out there with a convenience receptacle on the front

Anything out there?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
Re: 1u Li-Fe UPS
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 12:16:09 PM »

Hi Andy,

Not what you are looking for, but might be of interest:

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/APC-Back-UPS-Pro-500-Lithium-Ion-UPS/P-BG500

Good health,  Weogo

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »

1u
<20" depth

Li-Fe battery
Bonus points if there's one out there with a convenience receptacle on the front

Anything out there?

Intended usage?

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:18:10 PM »

Hi Andy,

Not what you are looking for, but might be of interest:

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/APC-Back-UPS-Pro-500-Lithium-Ion-UPS/P-BG500

Good health,  Weogo

I saw that one. It's nice and small, but I'm looking for 1u rackmount. Not sure if the battery can be swapped for Li-Fe either.
-Andy

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:20:07 PM »

Intended usage?
To use for my C1500. Basically a power strip - lightweight but with a few minutes of safety, and I prefer LiFe over Li-Ion especially when travelling.
-Andy

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:44:55 PM »

Having been screwed on a rehearsal recording this past weekend, when the idiot house guys killed power to my rack (ironically in the House I used to work in); I’m now looking for a similar solution.

1U rack mount, Lithium, UPS with 7 outlets.

Did you find anything Andy?

Tripplite makes some 1U rack mount UPSs, but they don’t have Lithium batteries. And they look fairly expensive.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 03:54:06 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:46:40 PM »

Having been screwed on a rehearsal recording this past weekend, when the idiot house guys killed power to my rack (ironically in the House I used to work in); I’m now looking for a similar solution.

1U rack mount, Lithium, UPS with 7 outlets.

Tripplite makes some 1U rack mount UPSs, but they don’t have Lithium batteries. And they look fairly expensive.

Did you or your client suffer any financial loss as a result?  On whose payroll was the electrician?  I ask because if the City, they should be insured for stuff like this; if it was your client who hired the electrician, such loss might be covered by the client's Errors and Omissions insurance.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 07:22:40 PM »

Did you or your client suffer any financial loss as a result?  On whose payroll was the electrician?  I ask because if the City, they should be insured for stuff like this; if it was your client who hired the electrician, such loss might be covered by the client's Errors and Omissions insurance.

Lol, Oh Tim...you sure are funny.

Since I left the whole place has become a giant cluster. It was a combination of a guy working for the city, plus the casual labor guy that the house hired to cover the vacant house audio job since I left. No financial loss, no. And the concert recording went fine. Just kind of pissed me off that I look up and my rack had rebooted and I wasn't getting any signal to my computer. They had unplugged power, or hit the power switch on my rack by mistake while trying to suss out why the program feed to the lobbies, booth and back stage wasn't working. (All of which always worked with no effort whatsoever, while I was working there, btw).
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 08:48:17 PM »

Lol, Oh Tim...you sure are funny.

Since I left the whole place has become a giant cluster. It was a combination of a guy working for the city, plus the casual labor guy that the house hired to cover the vacant house audio job since I left. No financial loss, no. And the concert recording went fine. Just kind of pissed me off that I look up and my rack had rebooted and I wasn't getting any signal to my computer. They had unplugged power, or hit the power switch on my rack by mistake while trying to suss out why the program feed to the lobbies, booth and back stage wasn't working. (All of which always worked with no effort whatsoever, while I was working there, btw).

I remember when my local PAC had fully working intercoms, green room, lobby & dressing room feeds, but I'm one of the gray beards.

As for losses, my thinking was along the lines of having to keep the performers & crew (in overtime, potentially) to re-record, etc.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »

As for losses, my thinking was along the lines of having to keep the performers & crew (in overtime, potentially) to re-record, etc.
It was just a test recording during their rehearsal and I already had my levels pretty much set. The concert the next night went off without a hitch. Had they done the same during the show, we would be in legal discussions already.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 09:29:53 PM »

Not what I was looking for, unfortunately. I may have to settle for the P-BG500 and a 1u power strip, or find a 1u UPS that I like and swap out the battery for one of these.

My current favourite value UPS manufacturer atm is CyberPower.
-Andy

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 08:17:10 AM »

Not what I was looking for, unfortunately. I may have to settle for the P-BG500 and a 1u power strip, or find a 1u UPS that I like and swap out the battery for one of these.

Be very careful with that Andrew. The inbuilt charger may not properly handle a non-SLA battery.......
Chris.

Edit: OK, I read the link. Very interesting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 08:30:35 AM by Chris Hindle »
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:11 AM »

Those LiFePO4 batteries will not fit in a 1 RU UPS.  Other than that those look very interesting.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 02:35:23 PM »

Those LiFePO4 batteries will not fit in a 1 RU UPS.  Other than that those look very interesting.
Right? Pretty sad that in 2019 that companies are still using Lead-Acid batteries in their UPS devices.
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 02:35:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.