Church and H.O.W. Ė Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > H.O.W. AV

Network to HDMI converter

<< < (2/3) > >>

Fred Dorado:
Follow up question. Anyone used a Coax HDMI converted?

something like this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KHVRXRT/?coliid=I168N06O24WSVS&colid=1W1HORZ77YFP8&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

one of our projectors has coax running to it and it would be nice not to have to run cable.

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Fred Dorado on September 16, 2019, 06:21:46 PM ---Follow up question. Anyone used a Coax HDMI converted?

something like this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KHVRXRT/?coliid=I168N06O24WSVS&colid=1W1HORZ77YFP8&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

one of our projectors has coax running to it and it would be nice not to have to run cable.

--- End quote ---

The ad copy on that unit doesnít inspire any confidence.  Maybe it works reliably.  I wouldnít chance it.

When I want to do HDMI over coax itís SDI coax and I use a decimator designs MD-HX or MD-LX on each end.  Odds are your coax wonít handle a SDI signal.  Maybe if itís short enough itíll work, but if itís standard CATV or composite coax then it could be hit or miss.  Iíve never tried to run SDI over non-SDI cables.  Iíve always just pulled in new cable.

Fred Dorado:
SO I just looked at one of the cables and it says its RG6/U.

I don't understand all the stuff, but if I read correctly that should be good to go.

Also, if it is and it's whats in the rest of the building, it looks like that decimator  it would make a good distribution box

--- Quote from: Erik Jerde on September 17, 2019, 03:53:24 AM ---The ad copy on that unit doesnít inspire any confidence.  Maybe it works reliably.  I wouldnít chance it.

When I want to do HDMI over coax itís SDI coax and I use a decimator designs MD-HX or MD-LX on each end.  Odds are your coax wonít handle a SDI signal.  Maybe if itís short enough itíll work, but if itís standard CATV or composite coax then it could be hit or miss.  Iíve never tried to run SDI over non-SDI cables.  Iíve always just pulled in new cable.

--- End quote ---

Jordan Wolf:

--- Quote from: Fred Dorado on September 17, 2019, 05:55:25 PM ---SO I just looked at one of the cables and it says its RG6/U.

I don't understand all the stuff, but if I read correctly that should be good to go.

Also, if it is and it's whats in the rest of the building, it looks like that decimator  it would make a good distribution box

--- End quote ---
What resolution are you sending to your projectors now?

Erik Jerde:

--- Quote from: Fred Dorado on September 17, 2019, 05:55:25 PM ---SO I just looked at one of the cables and it says its RG6/U.

--- End quote ---

You may be in luck there.  If itís terminated to F-type connectors then youíll want to re terminate to bnc.  You do still need to stay under 100m total length.  Can you determine the exact cable mfgr and part number?  It should be printed on the side of the cable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version