ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with 'unsupported' Dante device  (Read 4441 times)

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
Need help with 'unsupported' Dante device
« on: December 11, 2018, 09:10:16 AM »

Running a Yamaha Ri8 and a Dante AVIO 2 out with a QL1 all through an SG300-10 switch.  All devices show up on the QL1 and in DVS and function correctly.  PoE is supplied to the switch by a TP-Link TL-Poe 150S injector.

However, on the QL1, the AVIO is shown as 'Unsupported' (see picture #1).  The Ri8 is configured as a star with no secondary switch (see picture#3, nothing in the secondary connector).  Lastly, the second sync LED on the Ri8 is flashing orange 2x (picture#2), which is supposed to indicate an issue with the secondary circuit.

Almost certainly ignorance-induced configuration issues, but I could use the help.

Philipp Diesenreiter

Re: Need help with 'unsupported' Dante device
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:21:19 AM »

Running a Yamaha Ri8 and a Dante AVIO 2 out with a QL1 all through an SG300-10 switch.  All devices show up on the QL1 and in DVS and function correctly.  PoE is supplied to the switch by a TP-Link TL-Poe 150S injector.

However, on the QL1, the AVIO is shown as 'Unsupported' (see picture #1).  The Ri8 is configured as a star with no secondary switch (see picture#3, nothing in the secondary connector).  Lastly, the second sync LED on the Ri8 is flashing orange 2x (picture#2), which is supposed to indicate an issue with the secondary circuit.

Almost certainly ignorance-induced configuration issues, but I could use the help.

Did you check the dante firmware of the avio?
Seems like there are different firmwares in your system.

Elliot Carroll

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »

Any non R-native Device (with the exception of Shure RF units that talk Dante) will show up as Unsupported.  That just means the console itself has no control over the device (ie, all done through Dante Controller).  So, if it shows up in Controller, you're all good.
Elliot Carroll
ESC Audio Services
Bend, Oregon

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 12:11:55 PM »

Any non R-native Device (with the exception of Shure RF units that talk Dante) will show up as Unsupported.  That just means the console itself has no control over the device (ie, all done through Dante Controller).  So, if it shows up in Controller, you're all good.

You're basically right, although there are a few more Devices that are supported.  Some of the Focusrite stuff, the Aviom Dante I/O, the d&b DS10, and a couple other odds and ends.

My apologies for my pedantry...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Andrew Hollis

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »

Lastly, the second sync LED on the Ri8 is flashing orange 2x (picture#2), which is supposed to indicate an issue with the secondary circuit.

Since you do not have secondary connected, I'd expect secondary indicators reporting 'errors' to be 'normal.'

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »

Since you do not have secondary connected, I'd expect secondary indicators reporting 'errors' to be 'normal.'

Thanks for all the guidance.  Upgraded Dante firmware on the QL1 and the Ri8, and thanks for the clarification on 'unsupported'.  Ri8 still giving me the 2x flashing orange right sync LED.  No loss of functionality.

Thomas Dameron

• SR Forums
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »

Thanks for all the guidance.  Upgraded Dante firmware on the QL1 and the Ri8, and thanks for the clarification on 'unsupported'.  Ri8 still giving me the 2x flashing orange right sync LED.  No loss of functionality.

If you aren't using the secondary, then changing it from redundant to daisy chain should make the errors stop.  When using Ql's with Tios I've had the Tio lose control functionality when it was looking for a secondary network and didn't get it.

thomas d.

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »

changing it from redundant to daisy chain should make the errors stop
thomas d.

Let it be written, let it be done -- big thanks.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.