ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for lighting software or other solution to do THIS:  (Read 2017 times)

David A Azevedo

Looking for lighting software or other solution to do THIS:
« on: December 10, 2018, 05:42:34 PM »

I've got several video loops I want to send to a projector and be able to switch between them to project behind the band for various songs using a footpedal.

Right now I use a midi footpedal to control DMXIS software and switch between the scenes on a laptop to run the DMX lighting. I'm thinking of a similar setup to control the video clips.

Is there a software available to easily do this? I don't think DMXIS will do this.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Looking for lighting software or other solution to do THIS:
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »

Hi David.  Both ShowCueSystem and Qlab can be configured to do this, but there are many options.  Both can also control basic lighting cues (similar horsepower to DMXIS) as well.  Neither is particularly cheap but both are good value for what they can offer.  Hope this helps!

David A Azevedo

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 06:07:08 PM »

Hi David.  Both ShowCueSystem and Qlab can be configured to do this, but there are many options.  Both can also control basic lighting cues (similar horsepower to DMXIS) as well.  Neither is particularly cheap but both are good value for what they can offer.  Hope this helps!

I will look into both of those.  Thanks!

I won't be using it to control lighting cues.   Just to switch between a handful of video files.   So any other suggestions that anyone else might have would be appreciated as well.   The simpler to operate the better, of course!

Taylor Hall

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »

Also look at the elgato streamdeck + companion software, stupidly versatile for the price.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.