Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Installed Sound/Contracting

4x4 zone mixer recommendations

(1/3) > >>

Bradford "BJ" James:
Looking for recommendations on a replacement for a failing Samson S-Zone. Will have to be a similar form factor as the S-Zone ie physical buttons.
Thanks. BJ

Nathan Riddle:

--- Quote from: Bradford "BJ" James on December 10, 2018, 12:30:38 pm ---Looking for recommendations on a replacement for a failing Samson S-Zone. Will have to be a similar form factor as the S-Zone ie physical buttons.
Thanks. BJ

--- End quote ---

Does the Rolls 424 unit meet the criteria?

RM424 Four Zone Mixer
http://www.rolls.com/product.php?pid=RM424

Craig Hauber:

--- Quote from: Bradford "BJ" James on December 10, 2018, 12:30:38 pm ---Looking for recommendations on a replacement for a failing Samson S-Zone. Will have to be a similar form factor as the S-Zone ie physical buttons.
Thanks. BJ

--- End quote ---
Is the Samson no longer available?
Ideally a dbx zonepro (with a panel of ZC's)
-but if that's overkill then look at the Rolls RM424
or if you have additional rack space available then a Cloud Z4

Bradford "BJ" James:
Thanks. I ended up just ordering another S-Zone. 1st one lasted 7+ years in hostile conditions so I can't complain too much.

Craig Hauber:

--- Quote from: Bradford "BJ" James on December 12, 2018, 12:35:35 pm ---Thanks. I ended up just ordering another S-Zone. 1st one lasted 7+ years in hostile conditions so I can't complain too much.

--- End quote ---
Curious if you have an assessment of what failed on it?
It is an interesting piece that I've encountered a few times before that seems to fit a much-needed niche between standard paging amps and full-on DSP setups.
Another similar one was a Numark piece (they only made once) that ended-up in quite a few SoCal gin-mills I service regularly and have been wanting to upgrade (RM-6 I think)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version