ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I need an XLR A/B switch in a wall plate.  (Read 4607 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
I need an XLR A/B switch in a wall plate.
« on: December 09, 2018, 09:39:05 AM »

I have a paging system that is basically a Shure 577B (think 70's CB radio) plugged into a wall plate. It feeds an in room mixer, but I need a way to add an A/B switch to it so they can page 2 different rooms on the same mic. It would be great if it was A/B/Y, but not strictly necessary.

I'm having trouble finding this item not in a stomp box format.

Little Help?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Scott Hofmann

Re: I need an XLR A/B switch in a wall plate.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »

I have a paging system that is basically a Shure 577B (think 70's CB radio) plugged into a wall plate. It feeds an in room mixer, but I need a way to add an A/B switch to it so they can page 2 different rooms on the same mic. It would be great if it was A/B/Y, but not strictly necessary.

Little Help?
I guess you're looking for something like the SESCOM box, but the switch inside is probably nothing more than a standard DPDT (double pole double throw) toggle switch. You could even get a DPDT center off (on-off-on) version.
Scott Hofmann

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »

I guess you're looking for something like the SESCOM box, but the switch inside is probably nothing more than a standard DPDT (double pole double throw) toggle switch. You could even get a DPDT center off (on-off-on) version.

Yeah, I was just hoping for a more "finished" looking option than what I might fabri-cobble together.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Robert Healey

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »

Yeah, I was just hoping for a more "finished" looking option than what I might fabri-cobble together.

Could you fit one of these in an extra-deep back box?

https://www.rdlnet.com/downloads/datasheets/stm-2x.pdf

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• COMSYSTEC
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »

Could you fit one of these in an extra-deep back box?

https://www.rdlnet.com/downloads/datasheets/stm-2x.pdf
Actually you would need two, no? A simple DPDT switch would be easier.

-Hal

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 04:28:31 PM »

Actually you would need two, no? A simple DPDT switch would be easier.

-Hal

Yeah. I guess the only option is a DPDT switch in a wall plate. Oh well. I'll try to make it pretty, but pretty isn't my forte!

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »

Yeah. I guess the only option is a DPDT switch in a wall plate. Oh well. I'll try to make it pretty, but pretty isn't my forte!
I hesitate in saying the obvious, as you're not at all 'new' to the install world, but unless there's a timeline crunch, why not have a plate manufacturer build it for you? Or at least cut and engrave the plate, while you populate it with the switch yourself?

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 10:05:12 AM »

A local trophy/engraving store could probably make a plate or at least some really nice labels.
Scott Hofmann

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »

Little Help?

look at http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/panels-plates-and-boxes/wall-plates/mip-wall-plates

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »

I hesitate in saying the obvious, as you're not at all 'new' to the install world, but unless there's a timeline crunch, why not have a plate manufacturer build it for you? Or at least cut and engrave the plate, while you populate it with the switch yourself?

I could do this. I hate doing installs, but unfortunately they fall under my current area of responsibilty now.

Hating installs like I do, I've never ordered custom panels, and I assumed that a single gang wall plate would be hideously expensive to order since that is literally the only thing I need.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.