ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft K2 problem  (Read 3878 times)

Hank Staples

Soundcraft K2 problem
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »

I have a Soundcraft K2 that has a problem..or a user malfunction  ::). It seems the group/aux flip switch does not work. My understanding is that pressing the aux/ group flip switch allows the aux to come though the balanced group outputs and vice versa. Is this my mistake for thinking this?  ::)

Brian Ehlers

• West Michigan
Re: Soundcraft K2 problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:56:37 PM »

I think it's user malfunction.   :)

I don't have any personal time on a K2, but looking at the block diagram it appears that the swap button sends the aux send through the linear fader, through the insert point, and to the meter, but it then swaps it back again so that it still come out its same-old TRS connector.  Likewise, the group gets swapped to the rotary fader but then gets swapped again so that it still comes out its normal XLR connector.

This might seem kind of confusing from a circuit point of view;  but I like this idea from the user's side of the panel:  You can swap the controls without having to repatch.

Brad Harris

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »

Been a looooong time since I've used one of these, but I'm 99% (+/- 120%) sure that the noise comes out the aux regardless of the flip mode. All the flip does is put the master on the group fader and routes through the group insert, but still comes out of the 1/4" aux output.

I have a Soundcraft K2 that has a problem..or a user malfunction  ::). It seems the group/aux flip switch does not work. My understanding is that pressing the aux/ group flip switch allows the aux to come though the balanced group outputs and vice versa. Is this my mistake for thinking this?  ::)

Kasey Linsberg

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »

I can confirm what Brad says having just retired the K2 at work.

Hank Staples

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:22 PM »

I can confirm what Brad says having just retired the K2 at work.

Thanks guys..I'm used to the Allen and Heath boards! At least I know there is nothing wrong with the K2..I just need a 1/4" to 1/4" or female xlr cables to get it into my ashly protea monitor eq.  :o

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.