ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeping It Real, Part 3: Virtual Reality For Your Ears & Even More  (Read 28 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • ErikMatlock.com

Keeping It Real, Part 3: Virtual Reality For Your Ears & Even More
Moving beyond stereo IEMs into a high-definition experience with 3D in-ear monitoring systems.
By Becky Pell December 6, 2018

Until now, the physical constraints of in-ear monitors sound being delivered direct to our eardrums have given us no way to experience the nuances of sound localization. The fact that our moulds are in the ear means that we miss out on the out-of-body arrival of sounds and the information we glean from the travel of those sound waves around our heads and bodies.

Until now.

I recently had the pleasure of road-testing a stunning 3D in-ear monitoring system from Germany-based company KLANG:technologies (Klang).

My experience has convinced me that this is the next great leap forward for in-ears, almost as much of a game-changer as the 1990s introduction of IEMs in the first place, or the evolution from analog to digital desks...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/keeping-it-real-part-3-virtual-reality-for-your-ears-even-more/
This space for rent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.