ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winning Together: “The One Thing I Wish Live Mix Engineers Would Do Is…”  (Read 772 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW

Winning Together: “The One Thing I Wish Live Mix Engineers Would Do Is…”
Suggestions from the other end of the snake for better events and interactions with performing musicians.
By Karl Winkler • December 5, 2018

One recent day I got to thinking, “Wouldn’t it be great to come up with an idea for an article that would write itself?” It led me to pose the following question to friends on Facebook: “Musicians – what’s the one thing you would like to ask sound engineers/technicians to do differently?”

The answers that I received were different than expected, and they also came from unexpected people: most were from sound engineers and technicians. Maybe this means I don’t have any friends that are musicians, or much more likely, most of them are classical musicians that aren’t often miked.

Nonetheless, most of the respondents are also musicians and they definitely provided several insights. A few folks who are solely musicians answered as well, and they too offered valuable perspective.

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/winning-together-the-one-thing-i-wish-live-mix-engineers-would-do-is/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.