ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for powered boxes.  (Read 2343 times)

Aaron M. Kovacik

Looking for powered boxes.
« on: December 05, 2018, 12:00:12 AM »

Looking for a pair of new powered speakers to replace some RCF ART 522A boxes. I liked the ART 522's for what they were, but they have kicked the bucket. Looking to step the game up, have $3000 to burn on the pair. It has been a long while since I have looked for gear this cheap , I am used to Martin, L'Acoustics, D&B etc, so I don't really have a good gauge of what the market has to offer at this price point. Some forum browsing brings up the IG4T/IG3T and NX45. Usage is mostly bluegrass/singer songwriter, with some blues/rock thrown in here and there. What are the favorites these days? I am also not opposed to buying used as to get the most out of my $3000, but the boxes have to be powered.

Thanks,
Aaron
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:08:01 AM by Aaron M. Kovacik »

Rick Alan

Re: Looking for powered boxes.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 01:25:26 AM »

The NX45 is a great box.  I have sold many of them.  Everyone say they love them.
The NX45 is a great box for small events that you do not want to bring a sub too.
They get loud and stay clean.  Best powered box for the money.

I will be adding 4 NX32 and 2 NX45 to my companies inventory the first of the year. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 02:36:25 AM »

Looking for a pair of new powered speakers to replace some RCF ART 522A boxes. I liked the ART 522's for what they were, but they have kicked the bucket. Looking to step the game up, have $3000 to burn on the pair. It has been a long while since I have looked for gear this cheap , I am used to Martin, L'Acoustics, D&B etc, so I don't really have a good gauge of what the market has to offer at this price point. Some forum browsing brings up the IG4T/IG3T and NX45. Usage is mostly bluegrass/singer songwriter, with some blues/rock thrown in here and there. What are the favorites these days? I am also not opposed to buying used as to get the most out of my $3000, but the boxes have to be powered.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi Aaron-

If you decide on the IG4T for your uses I'd be very interested in your observations regarding coverage and feedback.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 05:32:45 AM »

Thanks,
Aaron

Give the Martin CDD Live 15's a listen.  A pair may be a touch over $3k.

The RCF TT25A Mk ii or TT22A are also a step up and work well. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 05:40:41 AM »

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron;

I have the IG4T's and they work very well. I didn't see you mention if you use subs or not. The IG4T really needs a sub where the IG3T from what I've heard can be used without subs.  Really like the fact that you can invert and place another speaker on top for more spl.  Although mine have had zero issues I've started to hear blips on the radar that the IG and ES line has power up/down issues. This is happening in the 18h sub too. People will power them up for say a sound check. You don't have to run them hard to find this. Power them down. Try to power up 4 or 5 minutes later and nothing. The fix is to unplug the powercon and plug it back in. I have no idea why this would work but people who have reported this problem says it works for them.  Again I've had zero problems with mine. I had thought of adding another pair to go with the ones I have and a pair of DVA 30 but I'm waiting to see if this is a isolated problem or not.

Douglas R. Allen

Sean Zurbrick

• My band
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 08:04:43 AM »

Not sure what you mean by "kicked the bucket", but I have a nearly new amp module for a 522A if you're interested.

Aaron M. Kovacik

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »

Thanks for the tip Caleb, I got in touch with my Martin Rep and found some B-Stock CDD cabs that will be perfect. I hadn't realized that those boxes were so affordable. Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

Give the Martin CDD Live 15's a listen.  A pair may be a touch over $3k.

The RCF TT25A Mk ii or TT22A are also a step up and work well.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.