ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbosound iQ18B. Any real world pros & cons?  (Read 8775 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Turbosound iQ18B. Any real world pros & cons?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »

Thanks Debbie. Going deeper definitely gets my attention since my use would be as a DJ. I've also noticed that the PRX818XLF is around 20 pounds lighter too - not trivial since I keep getting older somehow ;)

FYI - Pay no attention to that weight. Although I see it listed on Sweetwater and other websites , it is INCORRECT. The IQ18 is only 87.5 lbs in weight. Check out the Music Group specs. I can confirm they are correct.

https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0APP/TURBOSOUND_iQ18B%20P0APP_Product%20Information%20Document.pdf
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »

I quickly replaced two of my pole cups with 20mm ones so depending on how I setup my subs I can chose either/or.

Also uses a 20mm screw in sub pole - the IQ18 uses a drop in and I hate it!

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 09:16:54 PM »

I quickly replaced two of my pole cups with 20mm ones so depending on how I setup my subs I can chose either/or.

I just ordered a pair of the 20mm to replace with the factory pole cups that came with the iQ18B's. The pole cups weren't really loose, but had a little bit of play and didn't care for that.
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »

The problem I’ve had with poles are the small deviations in size. While one pole brand/model could have a perfect fit others could get stuck or be floppy in the cup. 20mm is the way to go...

I found out that the K&M poles with a heavy base uses the 20mm as well, making poles interchangeable.

I just ordered a pair of the 20mm to replace with the factory pole cups that came with the iQ18B's. The pole cups weren't really loose, but had a little bit of play and didn't care for that.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 09:34:01 AM »

The IQ18 in my experience is a very tight fit with both sets of drop in poles I have - tough to remove at the end of the night.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

The IQ18 in my experience is a very tight fit with both sets of drop in poles I have - tough to remove at the end of the night.

Mine are ok.. Not too tight, but have a little bit of play in them. Switching out to the 20mm thread however next week.
Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.