ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ETC Vivid R  (Read 2911 times)

Matthias McCready

ETC Vivid R
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:15:01 AM »

For the winter months, I am working as the production manager for a medium sized ministry. My primary focus has been on the audio side, however, it is time I pay attention to the rest of things  :)

Currently, the lighting is hideous. Most of it is no name junk. In play there are about 4-5 types of fixtures, which vary in brightness, color, and whether or not they have working LED's (some only do green!). Most of the fixtures are RGB and thus do not do front light well. More importantly, the stuff does not look good on camera. Everything needs to be replaced.

I have been turned on to ETC lighting (buy once cry once?). So I have been trying to find a set of fixtures. Right now the current building has a pretty small stage, however, they will be moving in the next year to someplace much larger, so I looking for something that they can take with them and that can be implemented with a larger system.

I found 12 21" Vivid R fixtures for what I believe to be a good price (1/3 less than MAP) used.

In my mind (correct me if I am wrong) 12 is a good number of lights for the same make, model, and age so that they could be used just for backlighting in the future (in tandem with other fixtures).

Questions:

1. Is this a good foundation for lighting? (currently, DMX is controlled via M-PC)
2. Does anyone have experience with this fixture? It would serve as front lighting for the next year or so (in addition to stage wash, and back lighting), will it be ok color wise (natural white/yellow)? I know ETC makes fixtures (lustr/pearl) specifically for whites and yellows, however I believe their literature indicated this possibly could fit the bill.
3. Would anyone be kind enough to PM me dealer cost (or rather what they would sell the light for, as a dealer) for the Vivid R? If not I completely understand, just thought I would ask  ;)
4. Anything I should be particularly wary of for buying lighting used?

Thanks,
Matthias McCready
Measure twice, and cut once; this is especially important if you are a mohel.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: ETC Vivid R
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 12:19:46 AM »

What is the stage size and shape?   Ceiling height?

Also look at the Chauvet E260 and F265 for front light, and whichever flavor of color wash (Elation SixPar300 or better, Chauvet SlimParPro Q or better). 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Matthias McCready

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 12:45:25 AM »

What is the stage size and shape?   Ceiling height?

Also look at the Chauvet E260 and F265 for front light, and whichever flavor of color wash (Elation SixPar300 or better, Chauvet SlimParPro Q or better). 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

The stage is currently a temporary one and it is a rectangle. Off the top of my head, I believe it to be 16ft by 28ft. The pastor does not use the stage and is a walker, although he generally remains in a 10x15 area. Ceiling height is about 16 ft.

Again keep in mind they will be moving soon. Currently, there are 10 services a week and they are busting at the seams many nights. They are actively looking for a new building and will move in the next 6 months to year.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »

I'm a fan of Chauvet's Colorado Solo line, as they are zoomable.  This gives you some options from wash to soft spot.  Good quality lighting is not going to be cheap; in general you get what you pay for.  More consistent color rendition and consistency across the field.
PM me for pricing.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Matthias McCready

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into the Chauvet stuff at some point.

This time around I was able to get the Vivid R's for an incredibly good price (less than 20% of MAP). They arrived and are in great condition, and they still have 8 years or so left of warranty on them (not to mention the factory is only a 4 hour drive from me).

I am needing to get about 20-30 lenses. Is anyone on here an ETC dealer? Or does anyone have an ETC dealer they like doing business with? Would love to go through someone on here.

Thanks!
Matthias McCready

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into the Chauvet stuff at some point.

This time around I was able to get the Vivid R's for an incredibly good price (less than 20% of MAP). They arrived and are in great condition, and they still have 8 years or so left of warranty on them (not to mention the factory is only a 4 hour drive from me).

I am needing to get about 20-30 lenses. Is anyone on here an ETC dealer? Or does anyone have an ETC dealer they like doing business with? Would love to go through someone on here.

Thanks!
Matthias McCready

When you do move, you should check out the Chauvet Ovation lineup. We installed 15 of them in our sanctuary and couldn't be happier. Its an actual framing spot with excellent CRi.

All my front lighting is Chauvet Ovation, the Cyc is Altman Spectra, and all the wash/color stuff is Elation Fuze (pars and movers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHpIyXRoEfs
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.