ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: A&H iLive old show file question.  (Read 2572 times)

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
A&H iLive old show file question.
« on: December 04, 2018, 01:07:04 AM »

A&H iLive old show file question.

I am trying to check out a Musical I did in 2010 on an A&H iLive (we will be doing it again in the spring but not on an A&H mixer) I just found the show files .xml and I have version 1.82 of the iLive editor and I can’t see the show files when I try to see them in the editor. I have tried to point the program to the USB drive and to a place on the PC where the files are in a sub-directory but it never shows the files in the edit program. I think the show files were created in version 1.7 but that shouldn’t be a problem.

Does anyone know where I am messing up?

Mark Oakley

Re: A&H iLive old show file question.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:11:36 AM »

Hi Kevin:

The iLive should read show files made on an earlier OS. Do you have access to an iLive system? I would try loading the file on the USB drive straight into an iLive surface/mixrack combo with a laptop running iLive Editor connected to the Network port. Once the board has loaded the file, Editor should also be updated with the same file.

Have you also tried directly copying the .xml file from the USB drive to a folder on the PC without going through iLive Editor? It's possible the file is corrupt.

You could also open a support ticket with A&H.

-Mark
Oakley Audio

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:04:54 AM »

Hi Kevin:

The iLive should read show files made on an earlier OS. Do you have access to an iLive system? I would try loading the file on the USB drive straight into an iLive surface/mixrack combo with a laptop running iLive Editor connected to the Network port. Once the board has loaded the file, Editor should also be updated with the same file.

Have you also tried directly copying the .xml file from the USB drive to a folder on the PC without going through iLive Editor? It's possible the file is corrupt.

You could also open a support ticket with A&H.

-Mark

Thank you for the reply. I don't have access to an iLive system, the company we rented it from for a few musicals doesn't have it anymore.

I did copy the show files from the USB drive to the computer and I also have some other show files that are already on the computer. In iLive editor when I go to file/usb location and tell it the path the editor doesn't see any of the files. I get the same behavior when having the path be the USB drive or the sub-directory on the computer. It sees the sub-directory's but no data in any sub-directory even though it is set to "all files".

I just downloaded iLive editor 1.94 and am going to install that and see if that will work.

Mark Oakley

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 11:15:49 AM »

I just downloaded iLive editor 1.94 and am going to install that and see if that will work.

Let me know how it goes. I have an iLive, so you could email me a file and I could try loading it into the board and re-saving it to Editor 1.94. [email protected]

-Mark
Oakley Audio

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 11:50:48 AM »

Let me know how it goes. I have an iLive, so you could email me a file and I could try loading it into the board and re-saving it to Editor 1.94. [email protected]

-Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the offer to look at the iLive show file for me. I was about to send you a show file and i decided to try something else. I saved a new show using iLive edit 1.94 and then found where it put that file and it was D:\allenheath\shows\allenheath\shows . I then copied one of the old show files to that subdirectory and now it shows up and I was able to load it.

If you hadn't helped and got me thinking more critically about it I don't know if I would have figured that out. I am now going to see if I can make it work doing the same thing but directing the saving of a new file to my computers HD.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mark Oakley

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »

Hi Kevin:

Glad to hear it all worked out. Those doggone drive letters! My iLive Editor program saves my user shows in C:/Users/Owner/Allen & Heath/iLiveEditor V1.94/shows/user (Win 8.1). As far as I know that is the default location.

-Mark
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 01:16:37 PM by Mark Oakley »
Oakley Audio

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:11:26 PM »

Hi Kevin:

Glad to hear it all worked out. Those doggone drive letters! My iLive Editor program saves my user shows in C:/Users/Owner/Allen & Heath/iLiveEditor V1.94/shows/user (Win 8.1). As far as I know that is the default location.

-Mark

Mark, I am not that familiar with the iLive I last used one back in 2010. Is there any sort of utility that will enable you to see things in a clearer way then having to page all over the place to see how I had it all setup years ago. Even stepping thru all of the scenes about 170 of them for this show is a bit of a pain. Maybe another A&H mixer that has a clearer off line software that I can import this show into. I am looking for a better way to see how I did mixbus sends ans DCA assignments in each scene..

Thank you.

richard_cooper

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »

Mark, I am not that familiar with the iLive I last used one back in 2010. Is there any sort of utility that will enable you to see things in a clearer way then having to page all over the place to see how I had it all setup years ago. Even stepping thru all of the scenes about 170 of them for this show is a bit of a pain. Maybe another A&H mixer that has a clearer off line software that I can import this show into. I am looking for a better way to see how I did mixbus sends ans DCA assignments in each scene..

Thank you.

I cannot remember what the reports contain but there is iLive Viewer that I used to use when I had an iLive. Worth a go.

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »

Thank you.

Kevin,

Unfortunately there is no way to import these xml in newer version of A&H mixers..this has been a main gripe from ilive to dlive upgraders....ilive viewer will show you the Ilive physical resources such as inputs/outputs/fx/ cards used etc.. not what you need I'm afraid....if you've used 64 inputs 16 DCAs and 32 busses/FX you're in for a looong night...

Ray

Kevin Maxwell

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 11:39:12 PM »

I appreciate everyone’s help with this. It won’t be too bad because I was looking for the basics to be able to do this show again and I think I have them now. Due to the limited number of characters able to be displayed on the scribble strips I have been having a fun time trying to remember what the abbreviations mean on some of the inputs. It took me a little bit to remember that BSS-1 and BSS-2 were the Back Stage Singers mics. The one that is stumping me a little bit is S55, I think it is a hardwired Shure 55 clone. The Show is curtains. I am confused where we would have used WHH2 and WHH3, I think they are Wired Hand Held mics or are they Wireless Hand Held mics. Where did WHH1 go and where would we be using any HH mics for this show?

It is interesting to look at your work from 8 years ago and realize what kind of changes one makes to the way you do things. For the Musicals I do now I have been usually using 2 Midas M32 consoles both controlled By Palladium from  https://www.chsounddesign.com/ . I have gotten spoiled by the power of Palladium for this kind of scene management.

Since last week I found the cue spreadsheet for this show attached to an email message from 8 years ago and then i discovered the mixer show file backed up to a USB thumb drive, so I am a lot happier then I was last week.

Mark Oakley

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »

Hi Kevin:

In answer to your question of seeing more things in a clearer way, your best be is to get familiar with iLive Editor. iLive Viewer is more of a "print" program-once you have your show file together, you an use iLive Viewer to print out channel and aux assingments, Input Patches etc.

iLive Editor can show the level of all 64 Inputs assigned to any Aux, Matrix, Group or Effect Send by selecting I/P (in the top left corner) then hitting "Sel" on the Bus you want to view. I always have it running on my PC at every show: some things are faster to assign on the board, some things are faster on iLive Editor.

-Mark
Oakley Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.