ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1024 Light Console  (Read 2332 times)

Mike Ottinger

1024 Light Console
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:28:51 PM »

I saw a 1024 light console on ebay, says it supports avolights pearl files?
Anyone with any experience with these?  looks like a nice console for the price.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: 1024 Light Console
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:54:16 PM »

Can you provide a link?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:52:40 PM »

Why don't you buy it and tell us, because I'm sure no one here would waste their money on that pile.

Its a rip-off of an Avolites desk, but it doesn't have the coolest feature which is the "roll a cue" where you roll a cylinder which changes the playback pages for you.

Look at Chamsys' new small desks. They are pretty cheap and run the full magicQ software.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »

That's as I expected, but wanted to check first since the world of ebay can be quite diverse with many products often mislabeled...but not this one. 

As Tim already said, don't waste your money on a knock-off desk.  It's easy for a generic manufacturer to make a look alike, but getting it to run the same as the original is a whole different story.  While I (thankfully) haven't used this specific console, I've used ETC knock-offs.  They're glitchy at best and downright unreliable at worst...not to mention having to translate the bits of broken English in what little manual (if any) that you're likely to get.  The fact that the listing says "The Quality You Don't Need To Worry" should tell you everything you need to know.  If that's not enough, the return policy posted blatantly on the listing should seal the deal.

To summarize countless threads here, if you can't swing the purchase of a "real" console from makers such as ETC, Avolites, grandMA, etc., either see if a smaller option from ChamSys, ETC, or Elation can work for you, or go the software route with wing(s) to meet your needs.  I don't mean to be blunt, but that's basically the gist of it unless you want to gamble your money and hope for the best!

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »

I wonder how they made it incompatible with Chauvet DMX devices!?

Joe Pieternella

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »

It looks more like a knock-off of the Showtec creator 1024 (Pro)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H635 met Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.