ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me ID this speaker  (Read 1686 times)

Mike Holtzinger

Help me ID this speaker
« on: December 02, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »

It's been sitting in my garage for a year and I'm gonna sell it. I think it's an EV.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Re: Help me ID this speaker
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 06:37:49 PM »

It's been sitting in my garage for a year and I'm gonna sell it. I think it's an EV.

A better pic of the whole thing will help greatly ..What's on the back of the magnet?

Mike Holtzinger

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:32:29 PM »

A better pic of the whole thing will help greatly ..What's on the back of the magnet?

Nothing on the back, but here it is;

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 04:28:15 PM »

I'm guessing it's EV, as the part number on the magnet matches Bosch/EV numbering, and F.01U.194... get all kinds of hits for various things EV and a few things Bosch Security & Controls, but no exact match.

I suggest you call Electro-Voice.  The numbers on the cone also mean something but I don't recall exactly what.  A search using those numbers wasn't helpful.

Edit ps:  Perhaps this is an OEM version for another product brand, no EV markings on the dust cap?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:38:13 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 05:45:01 PM »

Nothing on the back, but here it is;

Yep that's a newer EV or at least built by someone for EV.
Here it is at Full Compass
https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/516571-electro-voice-f01u275613-15-woofer-for-etx15sp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsf3f-9yE3wIVCKxpCh3LyQ3WEAQYBSABEgJ2w_D_BwE

The shape of the magnet looks a lot like some P Audio magnets for what that's worth.
And I've also seen those perf metal screens on another speaker at one time that I know was not an EV.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 06:40:10 PM »

Yep that's a newer EV or at least built by someone for EV.
Here it is at Full Compass
https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/516571-electro-voice-f01u275613-15-woofer-for-etx15sp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsf3f-9yE3wIVCKxpCh3LyQ3WEAQYBSABEgJ2w_D_BwE

The shape of the magnet looks a lot like some P Audio magnets for what that's worth.
And I've also seen those perf metal screens on another speaker at one time that I know was not an EV.

Good work, Mike!  I was approaching from the E-V site and it's almost unusable for this kind of thing.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mike Holtzinger

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 08:51:24 PM »

Good work, Mike!  I was approaching from the E-V site and it's almost unusable for this kind of thing.

Thank you Mike!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 08:51:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.