ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 6 Battery Replacement  (Read 3489 times)

Aaron Maurer

iPhone 6 Battery Replacement
« on: December 02, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »

Just wanted to know if anyone replaced their iPhone 6 battery and were they happy with the outcome?  Thinking of upgrading but all the newer phones have ditched the 1/8” output as we all know. If you did get it replaced were was it done and how long?  I am headed to the Apple Store tomorrow to weigh my options. Can’t see spending another $6-800 on another phone when I am happy with what I have. I have until the end of the year to get the discount replacement of $29.

Steve Crump

Re: iPhone 6 Battery Replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »

Just had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago. Had it replaced at a SimplyMac store in Athens, GA. Same phone, new battery. Not a lot to say. My phone had gotten where it was dying by lunch each day. Now it holds on charge (relative to use) as you would expect. I had to make an appointment a couple days ahead and drop the phone for a couple hours. Seems a lot of people are having batteries replaced.

Just like the iPhone 5 I had before, I am trying to get every drop of use out of my 6 before I upgrade.

Doesn’t Apple offer an 1/8” adapter for the new phones? I know recently someone handed me a phone with that type of an adapter to play music from.

My 2 cents would be if you are happy with the phone, get a new battery. Why not wait until you’re pushed to upgrade or until a product comes out that you really want.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 04:34:17 PM »

My wife had the battery in her iPhone 5s replaced at Battery’s & Bulbs. No appointment, just left it for a few hours. $50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Laurence Nefzger

• Kirkland, WA USA
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »

Well worth the minimal hassle! I feel the replacement extended the life of my phone for a couple more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »

I had Apple replace my iPhone 6 battery. After 3 months the phone was back to randomly dying and the battery status indicated there was an issue. I took it back and they said "There must be something wrong with the device hardware itself that's causing the batteries to die. We can offer you a replacement iPhone 7 for $xxx".

I purchased another battery online and installed it myself and it's been fine for 9 months since.

I'd do it myself again given the option. It takes less time and less hassle. There are tool kits that include most of the things you'll need for $10. But you'll need a heat gun or at least a hair dryer to get the battery glue to release.

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »

Hi Aaron,

You might want to take a look at:
 https://ifixit.org/

Good health,  Weogo

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 04:37:31 AM »

Just wanted to know if anyone replaced their iPhone 6 battery and were they happy with the outcome?  Thinking of upgrading but all the newer phones have ditched the 1/8” output as we all know. If you did get it replaced were was it done and how long?  I am headed to the Apple Store tomorrow to weigh my options. Can’t see spending another $6-800 on another phone when I am happy with what I have. I have until the end of the year to get the discount replacement of $29.

I had the battery on my personal phone replaced exactly 7 months ago, 100% under warranty (my 6s had the recall).  I'm now down to 92% battery capacity, and I started noticing the battery performance drop about 2 months in.  In comparison, my work phone is at least 15 months old, has the original battery and is down to 94% capacity.  Granted, it only gets used 5 days a week so it's also charged less frequently, but it's certainly held up better.

I'd been thinking I just got a bad replacement battery, but some of the comments here make me wonder.  Since it's only $29 I'm tempted to do it again to see if it improves, or if it really is hardware related.

Otherwise, I have no reason to replace the phone.  Mechanically it's in fine shape, I've got plenty of storage space left, and it still has the 1/8" jack which I would rather keep than "upgrade".

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 10:09:41 AM »

I had a Apple 6S that I had the battery replace on at a local provider of repairs in Springfield, IL., BLH Computers.  Cost me $35 took about 2 hours and works fantastic.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »

I had the battery on my personal phone replaced exactly 7 months ago, 100% under warranty (my 6s had the recall).  I'm now down to 92% battery capacity, and I started noticing the battery performance drop about 2 months in.  In comparison, my work phone is at least 15 months old, has the original battery and is down to 94% capacity.  Granted, it only gets used 5 days a week so it's also charged less frequently, but it's certainly held up better.

I'd been thinking I just got a bad replacement battery, but some of the comments here make me wonder.  Since it's only $29 I'm tempted to do it again to see if it improves, or if it really is hardware related.

Otherwise, I have no reason to replace the phone.  Mechanically it's in fine shape, I've got plenty of storage space left, and it still has the 1/8" jack which I would rather keep than "upgrade".

As an aside...
The fact that your phone has the headphone jack doesn’t mean you should not be prepared for the client with a modern one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »

Have an appointment for Wednesday to get it fixed at the Apple Store.  Rob you are correct I will need to get the dongal for the newer version phones. Another adapter for the junk drawer! 

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 01:12:56 PM »

Have an appointment for Wednesday to get it fixed at the Apple Store.  Rob you are correct I will need to get the dongal for the newer version phones. Another adapter for the junk drawer!

I had to laugh-from the Apple website:

The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac Pro, iMac, and Mac mini are fully compatible with your existing devices and displays. Use the chart below to find out which adapter or cable you’ll need to connect to the ports on all your favorite devices.

Love their definition of "compatible"!
Steve Swaffer

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »

I had to laugh-from the Apple website:

The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac Pro, iMac, and Mac mini are fully compatible with your existing devices and displays. Use the chart below to find out which adapter or cable you’ll need to connect to the ports on all your favorite devices.

Love their definition of "compatible"!
\

Don't get me started on the FruitCo.  Okay, too late.

Jobs died before he got his final wish - a sealed box with no connectors at all.

I'll stop here.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.