ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 6 Battery Replacement  (Read 3520 times)

Aaron Maurer

iPhone 6 Battery Replacement
« on: December 02, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »

Just wanted to know if anyone replaced their iPhone 6 battery and were they happy with the outcome?  Thinking of upgrading but all the newer phones have ditched the 1/8” output as we all know. If you did get it replaced were was it done and how long?  I am headed to the Apple Store tomorrow to weigh my options. Can’t see spending another $6-800 on another phone when I am happy with what I have. I have until the end of the year to get the discount replacement of $29.

Steve Crump

Re: iPhone 6 Battery Replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »

Just had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago. Had it replaced at a SimplyMac store in Athens, GA. Same phone, new battery. Not a lot to say. My phone had gotten where it was dying by lunch each day. Now it holds on charge (relative to use) as you would expect. I had to make an appointment a couple days ahead and drop the phone for a couple hours. Seems a lot of people are having batteries replaced.

Just like the iPhone 5 I had before, I am trying to get every drop of use out of my 6 before I upgrade.

Doesn’t Apple offer an 1/8” adapter for the new phones? I know recently someone handed me a phone with that type of an adapter to play music from.

My 2 cents would be if you are happy with the phone, get a new battery. Why not wait until you’re pushed to upgrade or until a product comes out that you really want.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 04:34:17 PM »

My wife had the battery in her iPhone 5s replaced at Battery’s & Bulbs. No appointment, just left it for a few hours. $50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Laurence Nefzger

• Kirkland, WA USA
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »

Well worth the minimal hassle! I feel the replacement extended the life of my phone for a couple more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »

I had Apple replace my iPhone 6 battery. After 3 months the phone was back to randomly dying and the battery status indicated there was an issue. I took it back and they said "There must be something wrong with the device hardware itself that's causing the batteries to die. We can offer you a replacement iPhone 7 for $xxx".

I purchased another battery online and installed it myself and it's been fine for 9 months since.

I'd do it myself again given the option. It takes less time and less hassle. There are tool kits that include most of the things you'll need for $10. But you'll need a heat gun or at least a hair dryer to get the battery glue to release.

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »

Hi Aaron,

You might want to take a look at:
 https://ifixit.org/

Good health,  Weogo

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 04:37:31 AM »

Just wanted to know if anyone replaced their iPhone 6 battery and were they happy with the outcome?  Thinking of upgrading but all the newer phones have ditched the 1/8” output as we all know. If you did get it replaced were was it done and how long?  I am headed to the Apple Store tomorrow to weigh my options. Can’t see spending another $6-800 on another phone when I am happy with what I have. I have until the end of the year to get the discount replacement of $29.

I had the battery on my personal phone replaced exactly 7 months ago, 100% under warranty (my 6s had the recall).  I'm now down to 92% battery capacity, and I started noticing the battery performance drop about 2 months in.  In comparison, my work phone is at least 15 months old, has the original battery and is down to 94% capacity.  Granted, it only gets used 5 days a week so it's also charged less frequently, but it's certainly held up better.

I'd been thinking I just got a bad replacement battery, but some of the comments here make me wonder.  Since it's only $29 I'm tempted to do it again to see if it improves, or if it really is hardware related.

Otherwise, I have no reason to replace the phone.  Mechanically it's in fine shape, I've got plenty of storage space left, and it still has the 1/8" jack which I would rather keep than "upgrade".

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 10:09:41 AM »

I had a Apple 6S that I had the battery replace on at a local provider of repairs in Springfield, IL., BLH Computers.  Cost me $35 took about 2 hours and works fantastic.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »

I had the battery on my personal phone replaced exactly 7 months ago, 100% under warranty (my 6s had the recall).  I'm now down to 92% battery capacity, and I started noticing the battery performance drop about 2 months in.  In comparison, my work phone is at least 15 months old, has the original battery and is down to 94% capacity.  Granted, it only gets used 5 days a week so it's also charged less frequently, but it's certainly held up better.

I'd been thinking I just got a bad replacement battery, but some of the comments here make me wonder.  Since it's only $29 I'm tempted to do it again to see if it improves, or if it really is hardware related.

Otherwise, I have no reason to replace the phone.  Mechanically it's in fine shape, I've got plenty of storage space left, and it still has the 1/8" jack which I would rather keep than "upgrade".

As an aside...
The fact that your phone has the headphone jack doesn’t mean you should not be prepared for the client with a modern one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »

Have an appointment for Wednesday to get it fixed at the Apple Store.  Rob you are correct I will need to get the dongal for the newer version phones. Another adapter for the junk drawer! 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.