ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is A Drop Ceiling The Acoustical Ceiling?  (Read 2026 times)

M. Erik Matlock

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Editor Live Sound International/ProSoundWeb
    • M. Erik Matlock on PSW
Is A Drop Ceiling The Acoustical Ceiling?
« on: November 30, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »

Researching the impact of drop ceiling tiles two key factors of how sound behaves within a room.
By Michael Reed • November 30, 2018

Drop ceiling tiles are commonly found in commercial buildings, so it’s likely that in a professional audio career you will encounter them. They look decent, are cheap to install and maintain, and can cover lots of ugly utility such as wires, HVAC ducts, and sprinkler system piping.

When I get into a room to run a sound system, I like to find out as much information about that room as possible. Two basic parameters I like to discover are the Critical Frequency and the RT60, otherwise known as reverb time, a measurement of how long it would take a sound to decay 60 dB in a large room. Critical Frequency (CF) can be found using the dimensions of the room, and RT60 can be found with said dimensions and one additional step...

Continue reading here: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/study_hall/is-a-drop-ceiling-the-acoustical-ceiling/
Train the next generation. Success without a successor is ultimately failure. wywu.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« on: November 30, 2018, 04:52:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.