ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dropped my X32 Producer: now what?  (Read 1248 times)

Wes Garland

Dropped my X32 Producer: now what?
« on: November 30, 2018, 06:44:11 am »

I'm having trouble with my hands again, and keep forgetting that I am.  I dropped my X32 Producer last night about 2 feet and broke the corner bezel.

The battery was knocked out of the X-Live card, but everything else seems okay.  Unit is under warranty.  Should I do anything other than test each input and output?

Also...does anyone have a left-side bezel for sale?  The one you remove when you rackmount it.

Thanks,
Wes

Jay Marr

Re: Dropped my X32 Producer: now what?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:02:23 am »

I'm having trouble with my hands again, and keep forgetting that I am.  I dropped my X32 Producer last night about 2 feet and broke the corner bezel.

The battery was knocked out of the X-Live card, but everything else seems okay.  Unit is under warranty.  Should I do anything other than test each input and output?

Also...does anyone have a left-side bezel for sale?  The one you remove when you rackmount it.

Thanks,
Wes

(not sure if this is helpful)
But, my bass player wheeled our PA rack right off a 3 foot stage.
SLAM!  Right on the face of the rack case (lids were on).
Contained my X32 Rack and Crown iTech amps.
I tested all channels on my X32, and left my entire rig on for long periods of time at home.

(knock on wood) Everything has operated perfectly...no issues.
This was about 2 years ago I believe.

The advice I was given by forum members was that my X32 Rack likely takes more abuse bouncing around in my SUV while being transported.

Riley Casey

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 10:12:54 am »

Maximum diligence would be to disassemble the device and look for broken fasteners, cracked circuit boards, any other visible signs of damage that could be mitigated before further transport and hard knocks does irreversible damage.  Examples might be the corner of a circuit board that has cracked off under a screw that will eventually cause the board to crack where it counts.  A nylon washer or two might secure the board for the long term.  I don't expect that Behringer is going to see this as a warranty claim.

Jay Marr

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 10:57:15 am »

Maximum diligence would be to disassemble the device and look for broken fasteners, cracked circuit boards, any other visible signs of damage that could be mitigated before further transport and hard knocks does irreversible damage.  Examples might be the corner of a circuit board that has cracked off under a screw that will eventually cause the board to crack where it counts.  A nylon washer or two might secure the board for the long term.  I don't expect that Behringer is going to see this as a warranty claim.

I forgot to mention, I took mine apart and check for damage and loose connections.

Wes Garland

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 05:43:32 pm »

Thanks, Guys.  Big show tomorrow night.

I'm a former PC tech and have a decent electronics background.  Will I find any surprises inside?  Following ESD precautions seems a given.

Wes

Jay Marr

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 11:14:11 pm »

Thanks, Guys.  Big show tomorrow night.

I'm a former PC tech and have a decent electronics background.  Will I find any surprises inside?  Following ESD precautions seems a given.

Wes

Nope, pretty basic.  Good luck!

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 01:00:54 am »

I dropped my X32 Producer last night about 2 feet and broke the corner bezel.

Unit is under warranty.

Nope, not anymore. Once you physically damage it, all warranty is pretty much off.

The X32's are pretty easy to take apart and make sure nothing shook loose.  I had an X32 Rack that had something rattling around inside.  I opened up the unit and found a clip that holds the power transistor to the heat sink had popped off.  Had I not found it, eventually it would have landed somewhere and shorted something out.  I'm guessing an impact sort of drop could cause that to happen. 
Brian Jojade

Wes Garland

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 08:37:49 am »

Thanks, Guys!

Will crack that thing open this weekend to make sure I don't have any future surprises.

Hopefully some day I can buy the bezel from someone who has rackmounted their unit, make mine look new again.

I was wandering around in my basement last night and found a Soundcraft Spirit E12 and DBX 1231 I forgot I had.  I'll throw those in the van just in case the X32 ----s the bed.   It's been on for about 40 hours now with no issues, and I've tested it pretty thoroughly.

Wes

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 10:13:07 am »

Hopefully some day I can buy the bezel from someone who has rackmounted their unit, make mine look new again.

You could always post a WTB ad in the marketplace.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 05:28:55 pm »

PM sent.

Tell us here if it still works. Will be nice to know how rugged it is.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:16 pm »

You can email or call MG parts and they should be able to sell you one.

MUSIC Group Services Nevada
5270 Procyon Street
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Email: careente@musictribe.com
Phone: 702-800-8290

Bad Quail
Sound + Light
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealers for all this stuff

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:16 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 23 queries.