ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uniquesquared.com OOB sale  (Read 776 times)

Jim Layton

Uniquesquared.com OOB sale
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »

Did anyone see the "fire sale" at Uniquesquared.com? Have you heard of them? Out of business sale. I picked up new SRX812P for $500 delivered. They had SRX, PRX and Ev speakers for what appeared to be cost.  I saw varoius Itech HDs for about $2500. JBL covers for $30. Most of it vanished over a couple of days. I just received my "open box" laser. The open part was just the tape on top of the box. 10 years ago I read a story about them...NYT I think. They were some new internet gear outfit with a new plan. Youtube has a lot of their training and product videos. It looked like they were having fun.
Between Allentown & Philadelphia

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Uniquesquared.com OOB sale
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 10:08:53 pm »

Did anyone see the "fire sale" at Uniquesquared.com? Have you heard of them? Out of business sale. I picked up new SRX812P for $500 delivered. They had SRX, PRX and Ev speakers for what appeared to be cost.  I saw varoius Itech HDs for about $2500. JBL covers for $30. Most of it vanished over a couple of days. I just received my "open box" laser. The open part was just the tape on top of the box. 10 years ago I read a story about them...NYT I think. They were some new internet gear outfit with a new plan. Youtube has a lot of their training and product videos. It looked like they were having fun.

I purchased stuff from them over the years. I had no idea they had gone belly up - well played on the SRX's!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 12:11:18 am »

I have purchased from them before as well. I don't see how they could have failed other than they must have gotten eaten alive by Ebay fee's. There is another company that I swear is just another UniqueSquared company called Proaudio Star who has a nearly exact business model. I see perhaps that Unique Squared was bought up and they were just red tagging to clear warehouse space and make it seem more like an OOB sale.

I just went online and their selection is very limited and most everything is sold out. You can still snag a 1200HD Crown I-Tech for under $4k which is a great deal. I think they were bought out. They are way too animated about being worm food and living rad.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Will Knight

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:44:39 am »

OK.  This is somewhat of a surprise, but not really unexpected. 

I bought stuff from them about 10 years ago in the early days of building up my PA business.  Believe it was passive Eon 300 series with Crown XTI amps at the time...Little did I know...figuratively and literally...seems like “eons” ago ;) ...

But the pace of change in our industry of product quality and capability relegates PA gear sales business to a few big consolidators, PSW forum members (the best) and the rest?? well, the equivalent to the massive used car market...there are gems out there to be had....just have to be patient...(example = Deb’s recent SQ6 acquisition)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:44:39 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.