ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: M32R "Live"?  (Read 15852 times)

Scott Bolt

Re: M32R "Live"?
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2018, 01:12:54 PM »

I hear you guys.  I tend to agree.

Still, if one is used to a preamp that performs a certain way, and if one has grown accustomed to running the board in a way that requires this behavior to sound good, then that person will likely continue to purchase boards that have preamps that work like this.

I also agree that the MIDAS pre's appear to have a bit of compression to them.  I would like to see the circuit and then I could be sure ;)

I remember the old Presounus 16.4.2 boards behavior when you even got close to tickling the red lights.  It was catastrophic (yuck).  Anyone who used them learned to stay WELL away from the limit lights.

Perhaps having a board that ISN'T good at handling overloaded preamps produces better habits of mixing ;)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2018, 02:46:58 PM »

I hear you guys.  I tend to agree.

Still, if one is used to a preamp that performs a certain way, and if one has grown accustomed to running the board in a way that requires this behavior to sound good, then that person will likely continue to purchase boards that have preamps that work like this.

I also agree that the MIDAS pre's appear to have a bit of compression to them.  I would like to see the circuit and then I could be sure ;)

I remember the old Presounus 16.4.2 boards behavior when you even got close to tickling the red lights.  It was catastrophic (yuck).  Anyone who used them learned to stay WELL away from the limit lights.

Perhaps having a board that ISN'T good at handling overloaded preamps produces better habits of mixing ;)

"Doc, it hurts when I do *this*."

"Then don't do *that*."

"But Doc, I've always done *that*."

"Then *that* will always hurt. Pay the receptionist on your way out."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2018, 08:56:11 PM »

Methinks that Perhaps you are Right!
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2018, 08:56:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.