ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Small church audio suggestions  (Read 6798 times)

Eileen Krause

Re: Small church audio suggestions
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »

I would consider a matched pair of the EVID on the left to allow me to reduce the level on the right.  Providing even coverage.  I would consider a digital mixer like the Midas  Air for less than 900.  Its scene setup would allow you recall and give you channel EQ,  Dynamics control.  Control by tablet.  Load up an Amazon Fire tablet with Mixing station configured to easly control.

I am back on this project. I am seriously considering this option, looks budget friendly and most importantly gives nice even coverage. (adding 2 EVID 6.2 on the left side)  So I would be running 4 speakers- 
What power amp suggestions would folks have?
As for mixer- to start with I would like to continue using small Mackie analog mixer that I have as we just need lectern mic and pastor lav (or headset).
btw-- I Appreciate the Danley idea- I know Danley is awesome gear but $$ wise not my best option.
Thanks again for letting me bounce this out here.

scottstephens

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 03:01:29 PM »

Eileen,

Power Amps I would recommend in no particular order are: Crown xti2K, Yamaha PX5, and QSC PLX 1802.  All of these should last a long time and be maintenance free. They aren't the cheapest options, probably all around $500-$600. But you will get what you pay for in audio equipment; almost always.

Scott

Eileen Krause

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »

Eileen,

Power Amps I would recommend in no particular order are: Crown xti2K, Yamaha PX5, and QSC PLX 1802.  All of these should last a long time and be maintenance free. They aren't the cheapest options, probably all around $500-$600. But you will get what you pay for in audio equipment; almost always.

Scott
Thanks for the suggestions Scott. I'm expecting to pay up to $550 for amp.
I want reliability and also want best match to run the 4 EVID 6.2 speakers.
Thanks again for taking the time to offer options.  I'll check specs etc.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 12:02:57 PM »

I ran sound for a HOW with all Yamaha PX series amps (powering Martin boxes) and they were quiet, ran cool and never hiccuped.  Highly recommended for an install.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 02:54:36 PM »

The list of amp choices could go on and on but from the list Scott posted I would go with either the Crown XTI or the Yamaha PX5. Both of those have on board processing that will give you EQ, high pass filter and limiting.

The Yamaha you can program from the front panel, the Crown you need to connect to a computer running Band Manager to fully program it.
Once the amps are programmed, lock the front panels so no  helpful fingers can make adjustments.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 01:59:56 AM »

EV's amplifier line is Dynacord. They have amps with a DSP front end and a model that will fit your budget. The Dynacord L-1300. I believe it even has DSP presets for the EVID speakers. The amps will drive a 2Ω load if you change something up down the road.

I've got one sitting here for an install that I haven't played with, yet. Nice unit, though.

Thanks for the suggestions Scott. I'm expecting to pay up to $550 for amp.
Thanks again for taking the time to offer options.  I'll check specs etc.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 02:11:49 AM by Tim Hite »
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Eileen Krause

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 09:59:07 PM »

The Yamaha you can program from the front panel, the Crown you need to connect to a computer running Band Manager to fully program it.
Once the amps are programmed, lock the front panels so no  helpful fingers can make adjustments.

Thanks for pointing me to the Yamaha.  I do prefer front panel programming ability..  and yes indeed - keeping "helpful" fingers off system is essential. As I mentioned upstream, no one will be monitoring the system every Sunday. Needs to be set and forget.  Lectern mic and pastor lav mic for spoken word support.  Levels shouldn't change week to week.
Thanks for all the friendly feedback.

Eileen Krause

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 10:15:14 PM »

EV's amplifier line is Dynacord. They have amps with a DSP front end and a model that will fit your budget. The Dynacord L-1300. I believe it even has DSP presets for the EVID speakers. The amps will drive a 2Ω load if you change something up down the road.

I've got one sitting here for an install that I haven't played with, yet. Nice unit, though.
Hi Tim,
interesting.  I'll look in to Dynacord.  I think I have a connection with EV source.. I'll check it out. 

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 10:39:48 PM »

I'm an EV dealer, amongst other things.

Hi Tim,
interesting.  I'll look in to Dynacord.  I think I have a connection with EV source.. I'll check it out.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 11:03:23 PM »

Hi Tim,

With the EV/Dynacord you can do basic functions on the front panel to dig deeper you need to the download the Dynacord MARC software, it only runs on 64 bit computers.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 11:03:23 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.