ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need to Import si expression SSH files to brand new SI IMPACT board  (Read 2242 times)

Jim.Kotan

Greetings, folks.  My church just purchased an SI Impact board.  The SI Expression board we have been using for quite some time is going to a different location, so I need to take all the programmed settings from the Expression board and import them all in to the Impact board, without manually recreating them..
Here are the main steps I have tried so far:
1. Insert USB drive, scroll to the desired "SSH" file on the USB stick, press "LOAD".    It acts like it loads *HOWEVER* nothing changes on the board (faders, EQ, gains, etc).  If I then choose "save as" and then save it to MMC, nothing appears to actually save..   
When I hit the "Cue List" button nothing is there.
Instead of hitting "Cue List", I hit "Store", it save a snapshot, but once again nothing changes -- ALL settings are at "nothing"...
Is there a way to do this without manually recreating each program? I PRAY THERE IS, because I do not have time to go through every single setting on 10 different programs to manually punch them in.
I saw online a post talked about importing, but there is no IMPORT function. 
I do not recall the Firmware setting on the Expression board (it is in a different location than I), and the Impact board is at Si Impact Software v1.0 Build 0010.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Jim
J Kotan  at  g  mail  dot   com

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:56:27 PM by Jim.Kotan »

Tom Burgess

Re: I need to Import si expression SSH files to brand new SI IMPACT board
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 11:20:00 AM »

I don't have the specific answer to your question however you definitely need to make sure that the firmware for both consoles is up to date.  SI Impact firmware is at 2.0.  Soundcraft Tech Support is 844-776-4899 or you can fill out the contact form here:

https://www.soundcraft.com/en/support
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Jim.Kotan

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »

Thank you, Tom, for your thoughts, etc.   I was able to get it to work, quite well, as a matter of fact.  Not sure what I was doing wrong, but it did "suddenly work"...

Greetings, folks.  My church just purchased an SI Impact board.  The SI Expression board we have been using for quite some time is going to a different location, so I need to take all the programmed settings from the Expression board and import them all in to the Impact board, without manually recreating them..
Here are the main steps I have tried so far:
1. Insert USB drive, scroll to the desired "SSH" file on the USB stick, press "LOAD".    It acts like it loads *HOWEVER* nothing changes on the board (faders, EQ, gains, etc).  If I then choose "save as" and then save it to MMC, nothing appears to actually save..   
When I hit the "Cue List" button nothing is there.
Instead of hitting "Cue List", I hit "Store", it save a snapshot, but once again nothing changes -- ALL settings are at "nothing"...
Is there a way to do this without manually recreating each program? I PRAY THERE IS, because I do not have time to go through every single setting on 10 different programs to manually punch them in.
I saw online a post talked about importing, but there is no IMPORT function. 
I do not recall the Firmware setting on the Expression board (it is in a different location than I), and the Impact board is at Si Impact Software v1.0 Build 0010.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Jim
J Kotan  at  g  mail  dot   com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:49:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.