ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Technica Wireless - Mixing Components?  (Read 2354 times)

Evan Seiwert2

Audio Technica Wireless - Mixing Components?
« on: February 13, 2019, 02:46:54 PM »

I'm looking to add some channels of wireless to my existing setup (currently running Audio Technica 3000 series).

The other day while poking around on eBay, on impulse I bought a pristine ATW-R3100b C-Band receiver for dirt cheap. So now, I'm slowly looking to find a handheld transmitter to go with it. I'm discovering that 3000 series transmitters for C band are hard to find...however, I've come across a number of 4000 (and 5000) series transmitters on C band at very reasonable prices. Will these transmitters work with a 3000 series receiver? Can components be mixed and matched between the AT 3000-5000 series as long as they are in the same generation?

Thanks in advance!

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Audio Technica Wireless - Mixing Components?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 04:05:23 PM »

I'm looking to add some channels of wireless to my existing setup (currently running Audio Technica 3000 series).

The other day while poking around on eBay, on impulse I bought a pristine ATW-R3100b C-Band receiver for dirt cheap. So now, I'm slowly looking to find a handheld transmitter to go with it. I'm discovering that 3000 series transmitters for C band are hard to find...however, I've come across a number of 4000 (and 5000) series transmitters on C band at very reasonable prices. Will these transmitters work with a 3000 series receiver? Can components be mixed and matched between the AT 3000-5000 series as long as they are in the same generation?

Thanks in advance!
Mr. Shackleford - welcome to the forum, however this forum requires using your full real name.  Please update it and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

scottstephens

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 07:23:51 PM »

Evan,

As a long time A.T. user, I would say your best answer would come from A.T. They have always been very responsive to my questions. Just go to the A.T. Website and to support ? maybe, I forget. Anyway send them an email.

Scott

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 07:53:50 PM »

I remember being told one time that the 4000 and 5000 transmitters will work with a 3000 series receiver and visa versa but the 4000 and 5000 series use a dual band companding system and the 3000 uses a single band companding system so they kind of work together.

I did read that the new 3000 series equipment is compatible with the older series, some of the operating and display features of course are not interchangeable.

Since were talking AT 3000 series......I think they should have kept the same form factor and price point of the now old 3000 series but just added a new frequency group as they were a perfect fit in cost with solid performance.

For a while they did have an I band frequency group in the 3000 series that was in the high 400mhz range, but that was discontinued some time ago even before the 600mhz D band was dropped.

What is now the 3000 series has some great extra features and should have released as a complete separate model line.

Don't even get me started on the new body pack connector that is not compatible with the HIROSE connectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 07:53:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.