ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: M32 - MIDI commands to 2 Laptops over USB  (Read 2647 times)

Jon Dees

Re: M32 - MIDI commands to 2 Laptops over USB
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »

While my solution is not redundant, the OP did not specify redundant. My solution is zero dollars, however.

this is of course a very bad way of doing a redundant system..it will work until the #1 computer fails and then what do you do? no back up!

without knowing which generation are your mackbooks (do they have usb a b or c or thunderbolt ports etc..)

the easiest method is to use the midi out 5 pin din from the m32 feeding to a midi splitter (1 in 2out for ex.) and then feed those to 2 identical usb /midi interfaces which in turn each feed they're own computers....

Although, you could use one midi signal out of the ethernet port and send that to one comp and another from the usb dn32 and do the same.......its not clear from the docs that you could do this simultaneously...but that might work  .....give it a try and report back....

hope that helps

Ray

RaySoly

• Retired IATSE 56 MONTREAL
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »

My solution is zero dollars, however.

my second suggestion (you could use one midi signal out of the ethernet port and send that to one comp and another from the usb dn32 and do the same........)  is also free and....redundant!..

Ray
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:08:05 PM by Ray Soly »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.