ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: SQ6 powered by car transformer.  (Read 22707 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: SQ6 powered by car transformer.
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2018, 12:08:16 PM »

I'm not understanding.

Are you on the SQ or QU?

You can hit the 'sLink' button multiple times for more inputs from the QU.

3:40 in the video.

How did I miss that? ....darn - I just took everything down again... I AM going to make this happen!!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »

How did I miss that? ....darn - I just took everything down again... I AM going to make this happen!!!

That's the spirit! :) You got this!

PM me for a phone number if/when you want to try again for the 'phone a friend' lifeline :)
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2018, 06:20:10 PM »

I got it all 'half' working - LOL. Outputs are still eluding me....

I connected an iPod, turned up the auxes and L & R and I have the inputs and outputs all firing correctly on the meters on the QU. I also have those same meters firing on the SQ from the QU.
With the faders, I can control everything on the SQ according to the SQ metering and I can control everything on the QU the same way.
Sadly however, I cannot control anything going through the QU FROM the SQ.
 :(
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »

I got it all 'half' working - LOL. Outputs are still eluding me....

I connected an iPod, turned up the auxes and L & R and I have the inputs and outputs all firing correctly on the meters on the QU. I also have those same meters firing on the SQ from the QU.
With the faders, I can control everything on the SQ according to the SQ metering and I can control everything on the QU the same way.
Sadly however, I cannot control anything going through the QU FROM the SQ.
 :(

let's skip the stereo channels, those might be confusing. We'll stick with inputs 1-16 on the QU as inputs and inputs 17-32 as inputs that go to outputs.

Are the QU channels 17-32 set to dSnake mode?
Are the SQ outputs routed to 17-32 on the sLink card?

If that is done properly then you should have signal on the qu channels 17-32 that comes from teh SQ mains & mix/aux sends.

If you have signal into the QU from the correct output LABEL that input channel.
Now do a sends on fader and send that input channel (17-32) on the QU to whichever mix output it corresponds to (input 17 = mix 1, input 18 = mix 2, etc)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:35:22 PM by Nathan Riddle »

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2018, 02:35:40 PM »

let's skip the stereo channels, those might be confusing. We'll stick with inputs 1-16 on the QU as inputs and inputs 17-32 as inputs that go to outputs.

Are the QU channels 17-32 set to dSnake mode?
Are the SQ outputs routed to 17-32 on the sLink card?

If that is done properly then you should have signal on the qu channels 17-32 that comes from teh SQ mains & mix/aux sends.

If you have signal into the QU from the correct output LABEL that input channel.
Now do a sends on fader and send that input channel (17-32) on the QU to whichever mix output it corresponds to (input 17 = mix 1, input 18 = mix 2, etc)

Thanks for all your help Nathan... I won't get the chance to play with it again for a few days. I'm not sure its worth the headache for me really and might just use what I have (AB168) making adjustments for stereo out limitations or get another one for bigger shows.  Getting another AB168 is tempting right now....

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »

My first show with the new board will be a Christmas party in a HUGE outbuilding. We did the place a few months ago for a private party and this is the rebooking.
Anyway, I'm going to run the Ethercon (I have 150ft available), use the AB168 that I already own and go for it.
I'll switch one of the stereo iem mixes to mono and I'll have enough outputs for the stage.

I have to say it will be weird running a 'real' board as I have been mixing on my iPad for so long now - partly because it is often most convenient with no multicore to run and in these clubs they don't cater well to bands (sadly) but also because I have become so familiar with doing things this way, it seems natural to me now.
However, I am looking forward to using faders again and not having to look down all the time. This is something Chris has noticed when he plays and I run sound, that I look down more than I used to.
I have used the new board for a couple of rehearsals and will get a couple more in before the show so I'll be comfortable with it.
It will also be nice to have 8 returns dedicated to FX as I use special FX on certain songs and I usually have to go into my library to switch them out.

I am very pleased with my early Christmas gift and although it won't be used as much as I'd like, I'm going to use it every chance I get and enjoy every second - LOL!!

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »

My first show with the new board will be a Christmas party in a HUGE outbuilding. We did the place a few months ago for a private party and this is the rebooking.
Anyway, I'm going to run the Ethercon (I have 150ft available), use the AB168 that I already own and go for it.
I'll switch one of the stereo iem mixes to mono and I'll have enough outputs for the stage.

I have to say it will be weird running a 'real' board as I have been mixing on my iPad for so long now - partly because it is often most convenient with no multicore to run and in these clubs they don't cater well to bands (sadly) but also because I have become so familiar with doing things this way, it seems natural to me now.
However, I am looking forward to using faders again and not having to look down all the time. This is something Chris has noticed when he plays and I run sound, that I look down more than I used to.
I have used the new board for a couple of rehearsals and will get a couple more in before the show so I'll be comfortable with it.
It will also be nice to have 8 returns dedicated to FX as I use special FX on certain songs and I usually have to go into my library to switch them out.

I am very pleased with my early Christmas gift and although it won't be used as much as I'd like, I'm going to use it every chance I get and enjoy every second - LOL!!

If you are more comfortable with iPAD mixing, leave the SQ side stage and mix with your iPAD. This way you will also be eliminating the possible failure points of the Cat5 and the AB168.
Question - When you use the AB168 with the SQ, does this configuration use the mic preamps in the SQ or the AB168?
What about the sampling rate?

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2018, 03:20:18 PM »

If you are more comfortable with iPAD mixing, leave the SQ side stage and mix with your iPAD. This way you will also be eliminating the possible failure points of the Cat5 and the AB168.

Question - When you use the AB168 with the SQ, does this configuration use the mic preamps in the SQ or the AB168?
What about the sampling rate?

The only problem with this is at the moment the SQ app is somewhat limited (although it keeps getting better).
Settings & scene changes aren't accessible.

SRC keeps internals at 96k always. It uses whichever mic pre the signal hits first?

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2018, 09:14:17 PM »

The only problem with this is at the moment the SQ app is somewhat limited (although it keeps getting better).
Settings & scene changes aren't accessible.

SRC keeps internals at 96k always. It uses whichever mic pre the signal hits first?
So if Debbie uses the AB168 for a stage box and runs a cat5 to the SQ, she will be losing the benefit of the better mic preamps in the SQ?
SQ internals are at 96k but what about the outputs on the AB168? Will her FOH and IEM returns be at 48k or 96k (before D/A conversion)?
I would hope the SQ iPad app at least would let her move the faders, adjust monitor sends, and do some EQing.
I would think this would be adequate for her purposes once the show has started. She can still access the SQ if she sets it up side stage.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »

So if Debbie uses the AB168 for a stage box and runs a cat5 to the SQ, she will be losing the benefit of the better mic preamps in the SQ?

Correct. But the preamp is just a part of the sound. The algorithms and internals dictate a part of it.

SQ internals are at 96k but what about the outputs on the AB168? Will her FOH and IEM returns be at 48k or 96k (before D/A conversion)?

SRC happens at the sLink port (if necessary) so for dSnake protocol (AB/AR stage boxes) that would be 48k.

I would hope the SQ iPad app at least would let her move the faders, adjust monitor sends, and do some EQing.
I would think this would be adequate for her purposes once the show has started. She can still access the SQ if she sets it up side stage.

It does that definitely. It's just not as robust an app (yet) as the QU app is.

It can mix (quite well I might add). It can't set up the board (they added routing recently & FX control, so it's coming along).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.