ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what's a good replacement for JBL EON 10 G2  (Read 3783 times)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: what's a good replacement for JBL EON 10 G2
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »

Turbo M10. 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 02:48:07 AM »

+1 for Stephen's comments.  Unfortunately, these have been discontinued for a while.  If you've got them, hang on to them!
Samson RSXM12A's are basically thw same as the Alto's. I have 10 of the Alto and 2 on the Samson.  They work very well,  you can literally litter thw stage with them.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Kurt Hutchison

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »

I like the db tech, the yorkville, and the samson in their 10" flavors.

samson is about half the price of the other two, but heavier, 30 lbs.

Lots of great ideas here, thanks.

Edit: which of those three names has the best support and is likely to be around for say 10 years.  Yorkville is the only name I have heard of.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 02:26:22 PM by Kurt Hutchison »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »

Edit: which of those three names has the best support and is likely to be around for say 10 years.  Yorkville is the only name I have heard of.

DB Technologies is RCF "Lite".  Visit their respective websites and you can see the corporate incest.  There are some good values in the DB Tech models along with some stuff that's not significantly better/worse than the competition.  RCF?  From "very good" to "wow" with matching price tags...  Somebody at RCF has interesting ideas about business - they've bought, sold, and repurchased EAW.

Samson?  Not sure of their corporate pedigree but I recall they were affiliated with Sam Ash Music at some point.  Primarily an MI-grade brand.  They've been around for maybe 25 years.

Disclosure:  I work for an RCF/DB Tech dealer.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Robert Healey

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 06:34:57 PM »

Somebody at RCF has interesting ideas about business - they've bought, sold, and repurchased EAW.

My understanding:

Loud Technologies/Mackie bought RCF (1998)

Loud Technologies/Mackie bought EAW in (2000)

RCF's former shareholders bought the company back from Loud (2003) - there was some kind of bankruptcy proceeding as Loud sold "for a nominal sum"
(https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20031217005545/en/LOUD-Technologies-Announces-Sale-Italian-Based-Operations-Formaton)

RCF bought EAW from Loud Technologies (2018)
https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/business/rcf-group-acquires-eaw

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »

My understanding:

Loud Technologies/Mackie bought RCF (1998)

Loud Technologies/Mackie bought EAW in (2000)

RCF's former shareholders bought the company back from Loud (2003) - there was some kind of bankruptcy proceeding as Loud sold "for a nominal sum"
(https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20031217005545/en/LOUD-Technologies-Announces-Sale-Italian-Based-Operations-Formaton)

RCF bought EAW from Loud Technologies (2018)
https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/business/rcf-group-acquires-eaw

Yep, you're right.  My oblique point was that RCF management is not clueless and seems to be committed.  I should have just said that.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 12:25:58 AM »

Just from specs, I would expect the dB Tech to be worth the price compared to the Sampson/Alto.  Mine are great $300 wedges, but they have their limits.  They get congested when pushed like any other budget speaker.  HF just isn't up to the same standards as $700-1000 speakers.  I just can't justify 4+ of the dB Tech at this point.  So as Scott says, you put one Alto next to each person and they can hear themselves sing.  A band I played with a couple years ago had a bunch of Eon 10s and they were a constant source of feedback trying to hear ourselves.  That's why I recommended the Altos as a sub for the Eons.  For singing only, I actually prefer them to my K10s (and a venue I regularly play in has a mix of K10 and K12s for monitors) as the Altos make it easier to hear myself sing.  Even if they are less hi-fi or full range sounding.

It depends on the application.  For hearing myself sing, my favorite monitor is the MicroWedge, followed by 712s.  Much more than various larger Meyer or EAW stuff I've played in front of.  Now if you're trying to run a keyboard or a band mix though it, the larger wedges will do a better job.  But it's easier for me to sing with the first two.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 12:25:58 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.