ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Comparison  (Read 6181 times)

Abel Duens

Comparison
« on: November 21, 2018, 04:20:31 PM »

Hi, greeting to everybody, I would like some help with choosing a PA system for a church. Does anybody have any experience with the LD Systems Curv 500TS or Turbosound iP3000? I can't listen to this systems due to not being available to demo near where I live (Chattanooga TN) My main interest in either of these system is coverage. Would they be enough for our type of music (rock like) if I do end up buying either i'd be sending everything from bass through kick drum. The place I need to cover is 45w 60l and 18h. I have installed some sound deadening on the back and front walls. Our typical attendance is 100 to 150 and the dBA I would need is around 90-94 with peaks up to 100 which is what I attain now with my current system. Like I stated in mainly looking for better even coverage. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Douglas R. Allen

Re: Comparison
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:14:23 PM »

Hi, greeting to everybody, I would like some help with choosing a PA system for a church. Does anybody have any experience with the LD Systems Curv 500TS or Turbosound iP3000? I can't listen to this systems due to not being available to demo near where I live (Chattanooga TN) My main interest in either of these system is coverage. Would they be enough for our type of music (rock like) if I do end up buying either i'd be sending everything from bass through kick drum. The place I need to cover is 45w 60l and 18h. I have installed some sound deadening on the back and front walls. Our typical attendance is 100 to 150 and the dBA I would need is around 90-94 with peaks up to 100 which is what I attain now with my current system. Like I stated in mainly looking for better even coverage. Any help                    or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

http://www.dbtechnologies.com/en/products/es/es-1203/

I'd put the Db ES 1203 on your short list too.  2-12 inch subs with 2 tops to be used in a stereo configuration or one on top of the other for a mono system for 1 on each side.  There is a video in the link. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=es+1203&&view=detail&mid=103BF40FF139B009EBCD103BF40FF139B009EBCD&&FORM=VRDGAR

Douglas R. Allen

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 05:23:03 PM »

What system did your Acoustical Consultant suggest?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Abel Duens

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 06:23:20 PM »

http://www.dbtechnologies.com/en/products/es/es-1203/

I'd put the Db ES 1203 on your short list too.  2-12 inch subs with 2 tops to be used in a stereo configuration or one on top of the other for a mono system for 1 on each side.  There is a video in the link. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=es+1203&&view=detail&mid=103BF40FF139B009EBCD103BF40FF139B009EBCD&&FORM=VRDGAR

Douglas R. Allen

That's a little bit above what the church is willing to spend, the budget I was given was 4000, and answering Ray's question, I asked for that but was denied funds

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 06:27:59 PM »

That's a little bit above what the church is willing to spend, the budget I was given was 4000, and answering Ray's question, I asked for that but was denied funds
Abel,

You *need* to print this PDF and give it to the Powers That Be. You have a duty to be fiscally responsible for your church's funds, and unless you know that this purchased-for-$4,000-system is going to satisfy your needs (and the demands of your congregants) you're just in step-2 of this 3-system process.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Abel Duens

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »

Abel,

You *need* to print this PDF and give it to the Powers That Be. You have a duty to be fiscally responsible for your church's funds, and unless you know that this purchased-for-$4,000-system is going to satisfy your needs (and the demands of your congregants) you're just in step-2 of this 3-system process.

-Ray
I forgot to add, around 5 to 6 times a year i take the system on the road to different Church events, the accoustics of the places I usually set it up are not the greatest, I guess I need the system to be as versatile as possible. Right now we don't have issues with feedback or intelligibility, it's just the issue with coverage. And as I said, I've been denied funds more then once, I have to work with what I was given

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Comparison
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:02 PM »

I forgot to add, around 5 to 6 times a year i take the system on the road to different Church events, the accoustics of the places I usually set it up are not the greatest, I guess I need the system to be as versatile as possible. Right now we don't have issues with feedback or intelligibility, it's just the issue with coverage. And as I said, I've been denied funds more then once, I have to work with what I was given
Why are you limited to just the two speakers in your original post? What if a different speaker covers your space better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Abel Duens

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »

Why are you limited to just the two speakers in your original post? What if a different speaker covers your space better?

Right know we have speakers with a coverage of 90x60 but horizontally I need a little bit more then that. Those speakers caught my eye because of their horizontal coverage

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 08:24:14 PM »

Right know we have speakers with a coverage of 90x60 but horizontally I need a little bit more then that. Those speakers caught my eye because of their horizontal coverage
Your venue is longer then it is wide. Going to a wider box will reduce sound to the back of the room and put more energy on the walls, increasing reverberation and decreasing intelligibility.

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Abel Duens

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »

Your venue is longer then it is wide. Going to a wider box will reduce sound to the back of the room and put more energy on the walls, increasing reverberation and decreasing intelligibility.

I'm trying to get coverage to the sides at the front, that's where most of the holes are, theres little bleed from the stage because most of the musicians are on IEMs, the only bleed that I have is from the pastor's monitors

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 26 queries.