ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tapping in to venue overhead speakers  (Read 2523 times)

Steve Garris

Re: Tapping in to venue overhead speakers
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 08:40:51 PM »

I should have noted, the client for me was the band, and they were in full agreement with me. There was much more I didn't discuss in my initial post - a lot of negativity by the venue and a complete lack of cooperation during load in and setup. This was all before I said anything.

I certainly will think twice about doing these shows. I've done a bunch over the years without a hitch - everyone happy. I also do not need the work, and take only gigs I want to do (lounge). And yes, I showed up with too much rig for the gig.

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 08:43:03 PM »

If you were working for my band I would fire you. I don’t know what the circumstances were that led the band to get this gig but you are not helping your act you’re hurting it. I think you should have tied into their crappy speakers with an Aux you could control, then turned it way down (you said it was too loud right?). I would expect my sound guy to be as accommodating as possible rather than act like a complaining prima dona. You said in the end you made it work by only mixing vocals and kick but I bet the house tech and the girl in charge think you’re a dick and NOT the highly skilled tech you see yourself as. A GREAT soundman would have made the best of a bad situation maybe by mixing only vocals and kick and kept the level where appropriate for the corporate situation, left everyone smiling and eager to hire your act again.

Please tell me where this room is that I should avoid so I can pick up all the gigs you say you don’t even want.

If your serious and wish to come to Seattle to do a $500 show, I'll be happy to forward you the info. You can give them my warmest regards!

Lou Kohley

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 09:02:15 PM »

Im not trying to snipe anyone’s gig but Im not that far from Seattle and would take $500 to do a vocal/kick drum PA gig.

All comments aside I understand the frustration. Its trally hard to get a band to play as quiet as the event planner/mother of the bride wants you to play. On the other hand I like to view this kind of work like any other kind of service worker (plumber, electrician, etc.) Some gigs are more fun and you get to be more artistic but either way you got to make a living.

LOU

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 09:02:15 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.