ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Monthly rental price for a full size x32  (Read 8970 times)

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Monthly rental price for a full size x32
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:34:17 AM »

I have a guy who wants to rent an x32 for an entire month. My normal daily, weekend, week price is $125, $163 and $375.

Is asking $1000 too much for a monthly rental? What do you guys think is a fair price? 

I'll probably buy a brand new one and either keep it or sell it used afterwards if this rental goes thru.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Taylor Hall

Re: Monthly rental price for a full size x32
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 09:46:36 AM »

Last I looked most monthly rentals were a bit more than your weekly price. I think the highest I saw was $600 and the lowest was $350. This was also a year or so ago, so ymmv.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »

I have a guy who wants to rent an x32 for an entire month. My normal daily, weekend, week price is $125, $163 and $375.

Is asking $1000 too much for a monthly rental? What do you guys think is a fair price? 

I'll probably buy a brand new one and either keep it or sell it used afterwards if this rental goes thru.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With all due respect, this is the kind of post that could get this forum in trouble with an active Federal Trade Commission regarding price-fixing.

Note that I left several areas of wiggle room in that caveat, but it is still worth keeping in mind IMO.

In normal times this sort of discussion is verboten. These forums should be for sharing technical and how-to-run-a-business knowledge and how-to-perform-a-service-with-integrity, not agreeing on prices.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »

Does this in fact constitute agreeing on prices?  Just curious as to what the red line is for such a decision from the FTC rather than questioning your judgement.  Would it matter that the posters are in different markets?  Would it matter that the responding post simply related his observations of rental prices rather than prices he charged?

With all due respect, this is the kind of post that could get this forum in trouble with an active Federal Trade Commission regarding price-fixing.

Note that I left several areas of wiggle room in that caveat, but it is still worth keeping in mind IMO.

In normal times this sort of discussion is verboten. These forums should be for sharing technical and how-to-run-a-business knowledge and how-to-perform-a-service-with-integrity, not agreeing on prices.

scottstephens

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 10:54:33 AM »

Scott,

Not out of line at all in my area. The 2 local places here in southeast Ohio charge between $900-$1200 for a month. Prices are what the people will pay in your area. If they want something, they have to pay rent for it or buy their own. It is what it is.  I Think the upper price here in my area comes with a case and the lower price charges you "extra" for the case,  but you can't rent it without the case or you have a custom case for that board of your own.

Scott

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 09:11:37 PM »

Does this in fact constitute agreeing on prices?

Hi Riley,

IANAL, but I think it would be hard to interpret the following questions

as anything other than an attempt to use this forum as a sounding board to determine a price that would be "fair" to charge for a specific item rental for a specific period of time. How could that be anything else?

As far as what nuance could be used to avoid an obvious problem, I am not going to attempt to offer any suggestions other than to say that if you have to ask the question you're probably over the line.

As I have mentioned on these forums before, my wife is in the Music Teachers' Association (Local, State, and National), and they were all hit by an FTC order that they must abide by to avoid heavy penalties. Not only does the order cover pricing collusion (setting of similar rates as a result of discussion), it prohibits agreements about not filching someone else's student and a variety of much more mundane activities that any reasonable person (IMHO) would go "What??!!!??" about. We should avoid being in that position, and it is possible to avoid it, but not if questions like this come up unchallenged and get answered directly.

I suggest deleting this thread.

Mark Dawson

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 04:10:30 AM »

Dan,  stop being a mongol. 

The OP was simply asking for guidelines for converting daily/weekly prices into monthly.  He was enquiring re industry standards and techniques.   If he’s too expensive his market will dictate.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 11:26:53 AM »

Dan,  stop being a mongol. 

The OP was simply asking for guidelines for converting daily/weekly prices into monthly.  He was enquiring re industry standards and techniques.   If he’s too expensive his market will dictate.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've never been involved in a federal investigation of any kind, you will not understand Dan's hyper-vigilance.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 09:17:05 AM »

If you've never been involved in a federal investigation of any kind, you will not understand Dan's hyper-vigilance.
For those, like me, that are too naive to even be aware of things like FTC restrictions, a post like Dan's is an eye opener.  While the question may seem innocent enough, apparently there is a fuzzy line somewhere that one does not want to approach too closely.

Of course, one could get similar info by having a spouse call a competitor.  That would be different than open discussion.

If these discussions are as serious as suggested, it may be useful to include restrictions of pricing discussions along with the restrictions on religion and politics.

frank

David Allred

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »

Does this in fact constitute agreeing on prices?  Just curious as to what the red line is for such a decision from the FTC rather than questioning your judgement.  Would it matter that the posters are in different markets?  Would it matter that the responding post simply related his observations of rental prices rather than prices he charged?

What about the auto mechanic's labor book?   They "agree" to bill the hours listed for a job.
I know some will bill less, but still seems a little collusive.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.