ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a Dante Class I can send my IT guy to?  (Read 4308 times)

Michael Elphinstone

Re: Is there a Dante Class I can send my IT guy to?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »

I'm an IT guy first, AV second. Are you sure it's not the Shure gear? Has your network person checked the QOS for your Dante VLAN? IF there was a power outage, it could also be the switching gear that's gone screwy. If your IP trafic is having issues since it was VLANed, it could be the routes setup to manage that VLAN. IF your IT guy is only pinging stuff, they might need a network expert to assist.

My work sees AV and IT part of Technology Services. We have to get along because we're the same department. It also means problems like this don't exist because we're one team. It also means my level 1 helpdesk guy knows how to setup a mic :)

Stephen Beatty

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »

I have to say the network folks here have started to really listen to us. I have always asked that the network engineers be included in any new or big capital projects as the network is now the heavy lifting backbone of educational technology.

The laptop is now your 16mm, 55mm, overhead transparency, cable TV and (Dog help us) and the bringer of PowerPoint.

And the network is what provides the in and out of knowledge to the classroom.

We want to be able to share content and live feeds around campus. A strong alliance with your IT/Network people is a good thing.

Andrew Hollis

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »

Yes, both they and we forget that they are service providers, there to enable the needs of their customers, you, the staff.

I think it's ok to be reminded of that.

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 04:14:07 PM »

My latest issue is that after a power failure last week, my Shure ULXD reciever will lose sync and mute. It's been up running perfect for a year, and now this. I also had a Studio Tech Model 362 do the same thing, but after a reboot it has been solid ever since.

I'm also having the stage boxes come up, but will mute and unmute 3-4 times before coming on solid. This is all since the power failure.

I have all this gear on a Pure-Sine battery backup, but the gear was turned off during the event.
Sounds like igmp-snooping is acting weird. Igmp-snooping is there for devices that will slowly die if they are exposed to multicast traffic. Dante clocksignal is multicast.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »

And this has exhausted my IT knowledge.

I don't know other than we were using it when I got here. When I started 2 years ago, Dante was on the same IP range as all the other traffic. We eventually had problem with Dante swamping the Wifi Points, so Dante was VLan'd. We are still using DHCP for all of it though.

The Error log is full of "clock sync Unlocked", Audio Mute", Clock Sync Locked", "Audio Unmute". For lots of my devices, not just the ones in question. The ULXD reciever also gets a "Fanout Configuration Detected".

I’ve got that mute/sync/locked error series with ULXD and certain switches with no specific explanation ever discovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.